Mini Itx Build Cooling Help

William_White

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
Solution
The case is small enough that the 140 front and 120 top fans will keep it cool and there really isn't a place to cut a fan in. The psu will take up some space in the side panel so you cn't add one there. You will have to get a good low profile cpu cooler because you won't have room for a tall one.
You can get creative if you want to add some fans and if you look at the rear of the case and between the MB i/o panel and the psu hole there is some mesh screen in the case. Depending on the actual measured space of the mesh you could put a couple 80mm fans there and maybe a couple 40 mm across the top rear edge. I would mount these fans on the outside so as to not take up any inside space.

Stardust342

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2012
Well since the Motherboard is so small... I doubt most CPU air coolers would work... A water cooler would most likely do that trick. The Hydro H60 Water Cooler is a pretty good one, I don't know if it would fit on a Mini ITX mobo though. I assume it would.

The case is small enough that the 140 front and 120 top fans will keep it cool and there really isn't a place to cut a fan in. The psu will take up some space in the side panel so you cn't add one there. You will have to get a good low profile cpu cooler because you won't have room for a tall one.
You can get creative if you want to add some fans and if you look at the rear of the case and between the MB i/o panel and the psu hole there is some mesh screen in the case. Depending on the actual measured space of the mesh you could put a couple 80mm fans there and maybe a couple 40 mm across the top rear edge. I would mount these fans on the outside so as to not take up any inside space.

Solution

skaz

Distinguished
Main question is, what type of clearance do you have with the included PSU, and are you keeping the included PSU or swapping it for a picoPSU?

I was able to fit the coolermaster geminii M4 with a 120mm noctua p12 fan on top within the apex itx mi-008 case with the PSU removed.

Case- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811154091
cooler- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103177

IMG_1775.jpg

IMG_1769.jpg