Sign in with
Your question

Searching for the right card that don't overlap PCI slot's

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 2, 2010 1:57:50 PM

Hi All

Bought the P7P55D-E Premium Motherboard and I'am searching for a good Graphic card that don't overlap the adjacente PCI slot, because I have 2 PCI cards tha I simple cannot trow away.

Can you advise me ?

Thank you
a c 1410 U Graphics card
a c 1163 V Motherboard
January 2, 2010 2:04:34 PM

What is the main use of that system? What are those PCI cards?
January 2, 2010 2:27:58 PM

rolli59 said:
What is the main use of that system? What are those PCI cards?

Hi,

One is fax/modem and the other is a TV capture card.

I’ am a programmer working at home, and need the fax to communicate with mi clients. Because I spend many hours working I like to have a little window in my screen to watch (hear) the news or some political debates when they happen. Of course I like to play games and want a card capable of deal with the most demanding ones.

I know I can substitute the PCI cards with external devices but mi point is way the board manufacturers, knowing that the recent graphics are all double-slot or have ‘Fat’ coolers, design board’s without sufficient space between the two PCI slots so the Graphic cards don’t overlap the other PCI.

Tanks
Related resources
a c 1410 U Graphics card
a c 1163 V Motherboard
January 2, 2010 2:38:26 PM

A card like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... is pretty much as high as you can go with out running into dual slot solutions or raised coolers. It provides good game play up to a resolution of 1680 x 1050 with in game settings on medium to high.
January 2, 2010 3:08:56 PM

rolli59 said:
A card like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... is pretty much as high as you can go with out running into dual slot solutions or raised coolers. It provides good game play up to a resolution of 1680 x 1050 with in game settings on medium to high.

Thanks rolli59 for the tip,

Don't you think strange that the motherboards doesn’t have sufficient space between PCI slots to accommodate the new graphics ?

a c 1410 U Graphics card
a c 1163 V Motherboard
January 2, 2010 3:21:40 PM

aedg said:
Thanks rolli59 for the tip,

Don't you think strange that the motherboards doesn’t have sufficient space between PCI slots to accommodate the new graphics ?

Not really! Motherboards today have so many features built in that it has almost eliminated the need for PCI expansion cards. They have built in network cards, some wireless as well, with broadband the dialup modems are getting obsolete and the built in sound has reached the quality of the past sound cards. It is called progress!
January 2, 2010 3:40:50 PM

rolli59 said:
Not really! Motherboards today have so many features built in that it has almost eliminated the need for PCI expansion cards. They have built in network cards, some wireless as well, with broadband the dialup modems are getting obsolete and the built in sound has reached the quality of the past sound cards. It is called progress!

Fair enough. Thought I’ am aware of progress, I think deceiving publicity from manufacturers saying that the mobo as 2 PCI’s knowing the reality. If they cut ‘out everything that could be replaced by external devices the prices will drop drastically.

Thank you for everithing

Best regards
!