2500k p8p67 pro OC - am I OK?

robollama

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
gMRu7.png

Ignore the TMPIN3 max temp, it's an error sometimes caused by having AISuite2 running at the same time.

This is after a Intel Burn Test on High for 5 runs. I'm only talking initial stability. I'll do an hour test then an overnight prime95 test but I need to know if those numbers look OK? The vdrop/droop looks a bit high at .06?

Here's my mobo settings:

blck - 100
turbo ratio - by all cores - 45
PLL overvoltage - disabled
EPU disabled
enhanced intel speedstep technology - disabled
c-states - all 3 disabled
line-load calibration - high
VRM frequency - fixed - 350
phase control - optimized
duty control - t.probe
CPU current capability - 100
CPU voltage - manual - 1.3
VCCSA voltage - 0.925
VCCIO voltage - 1.05
CPU PLL voltage - 1.8
PCH voltage 1.05
CPU spread spectrum - disabled
Turbo - enabled

robollama

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

You sure? I think with Asus boards you have to have the turbo enabled in order to be able to overclock it at all

The main CPU multiplier on the P8P67 Pro is located in Advanced -> CPU Configuration -> "CPU Ratio". There also appears to be a setting for it in Ai Tweaker -> CPU Power Manegement -> "CPU Ratio".

You can disable Turbo and not worry about the Turbo multipliers.

For my own personal OC, I also leave SpeedStep and C-States ENABLED, and use offsets for voltage. Easier on the hardware that way, since all that combined allows the speed and voltage to drop at idle. When you need the full speed of the OC, just use the High Performance power profile in Windows and it'll stay at max speed until you put it back to Balanced.

As far as your Vdroop goes, it's not really that much of a problem as long as you're running stably, but you can go up to Ultra High or Extreme to cut it down even more, if you want. And your temps look ok, as well.

robollama

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

Alright thanks. I was planning on renabling EIST and C1E after I got my OC where I wanted it. I just read that it makes the fine-tuning process a bit harder

robollama

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

Hmm.. Whenever I disabled Turbo and then set the OC by changing the CPU Ratio the BIOS automatically re-enablles Turbo without an option to turn it off. :S Looks like Turbo is required like I originally thought?

Hmm, maybe so.

Well, you still don't have to worry about changing the Turbo multipliers, since using the main multiplier (OR setting all of the Turbo multi's to the same ratio) effectively disables Turbo's true function anyway.

They may have changed things with the newer chipsrt and motherboards uefi bios , I have the 1366 motherboard and I turn off a lot of those options in the bios when doing an overclock and adding voltage. So with the Z77 chipset there may be changes.

robollama

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
Alright I enabled EIST and C1E and switched over from manual voltage to voltage offset of -0.030.

voPd5.png

There's the VID reading I got (1.3561) vs. the actual voltage received (1.280) under full load IntelBurnTest on High. I've read like 10 different guides but I'm still unsure, what should I adjust my voltage offset to?

Because of the way offsets work, much like using a manual voltage, actually, no two chips will ever have the same offset setting, so it's a lot of trial and error.

Go lower until you see a BSOD, basically. Or start really low and increase until you can boot and then be stable.

A decent guide to Offset OC'ing here though, if you haven't already seen it. http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?2162-Overclocking-Using-Offset-Mode-for-CPU-Core-Voltage

robollama

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

So there's no such thing as too low until it throws up an error or BSOD?

Latest posts