System restart by BSOD

no_one

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
hy
I have a very annoying problem;
Since a month ago my system is restarting few times a day and it display a "blue screen error"
I have no ideea what the problem could be;
I thought that it could be my ram memory and I run "memtest.exe" and it revealed that my ram memory has errors, but after that I run the memtest86 for about 3 hours and it didn't find any error;
I really don't know what to do.., it is my motherboar, my graphic card, my ram or a driver ?
I took 2 print screens to the latest 2 blue screen errors :

http://img132.imageshack.us/i/img00035201007312009.jpg/
http://img84.imageshack.us/i/img00033201007302358.jpg/

If anyone of you know which could be the problem, I wait your answer to know what do I have to change to my system;
Thanks

What is the make and model of the components in your system? Motherboard, memory modules, graphics card, ..., etc.

Did you run memtest86+ on each memory module individually?

Is the system being overclocked?

no_one

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009

motherboard : Asus m4a78-vm; with latest bios update

cpu : Amd Athlon 5000+ x2 black edition 2600Mhz(stock) - 3100Mhz(overclocked)

graphic card : Ati Radeon hd 3870 (512mb ddr3, 256bit)

ram memory : A-data vitesta extreme 800+ (2x1GB ddr2 800mhz; 4-4-4-12 2.15v);

yesterday I reset the bios to default settings and all day long I didn't get any BSODs, but I'm not 100% that my bios setting were the problem...
I suspect that my ram has some errors, could you give me an advice about how can I test them to know exactly if they are 100% ok or not?
thanks ;)

Download the appropriate memtest86+ V4.10 pre-compiled image from:

http://www.memtest.org/

If you want to create a bootable CD download and extract the following .zip file and burn the .ISO image file to a CD: Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)

If you want to create a bootable USB flash drive Download - Auto-installer for USB Key (Win 9x/2k/xp/7) *NEW!*

If you want to create a bootable floppy diskette Download - Pre-Compiled package for Floppy (DOS - Win)

You want to test one memory module at a time. After your system has been properly shut down unplug the power cable from the computer. Remove all of the memory modules leaving only one module. Plug the power cable back into your computer.

Power on the computer and go into the BIOS setup and make sure your memory module has been set to the manufacturer's specified timings and voltage, save any changes and reboot.

Boot with the CD or the USB key or the floppy diskette that you have created and run memtest86+.

You want to run through a complete cycle of tests. There should be no error messages displayed if the memory module is okay. If there are no errors after a complete cycle has been run you can stop memtest86+, turn off the computer and unplug the power cable.

Take out the memory module that you have completed the testing on and set it aside. Install the next untested memory module and repeat the test cycle.

If each memory module has passed the testing cycle place both memory modules back into the memory slots. If any memory module produces an error during the test cycle you should get it replaced.

Since your mother board has only two memory slots you only need to run another test cycle to test dual channel mode stability. If it passes this last test cycle it is a good indication that your memory is working okay.