- Amd phenom 1100t black edition overclocked to 4.2 Ghz
- Noctua nhd14 cooler with triple fans
- Asus crosshair Formula V
- HIS radeon 6950 iceq turbo x2 in crossfire overclocked to 900 core/ 1325memory
- 8 gb gskill ripjaw ram tated at 1600mhz
- 850 watt gold rated OCZ modular power supply
- OCZ agility 3 60gb SSD
- 1tb western digital caviar black harddrive
i think thats everything, well excluding the case fans
Here is my new rig:
Everything exactly the same, apart from:
- Asrock z77 extreme 6 motherboard
- Intel i7 3770k overclocked to 4.7 Ghz with all power saving features turned off (This was due to CPU-ID reading jumping between 4.7Ghz and 1.6Ghz, which i wasn't too happy about.
Now onto the actual issue
Basically after configuring and setting up my new sytem i am running into the same problem over and over again.
What's happening is that when loading up my operating system, and whenever i actually get into the operating sytem itself and are on the desktop itself, the computer will either stall on starting windows, or when shutting down, or when i'm on the desktop itself, the mouse will begin to jump across the page, and then the computer will completely seize up and nothing will happen, no blue screen or anything, just a completely frozen screen. which then results n me having to perform a hard reset on the computer to start it up again.
I know some of you may be thinking by now, ahhh it's obviously an unstable CPU overclock, however i have run a 22 hour normal blend test without any freezing, and a 26 hour custom blend test with more ram usage with no freezing, apart from when i stopped the test the second time and opened up windows explorer, and the computer seized up again i checked the prime 95 logs, and all of the test results say success, and i have run memtest overnight without any failures, and MSI kombustor for a few hours without any failures, and now i am completely stumped
My cpu is overclocked with 1.3 volt VCORE if thats helpful at all.
Hello, I found out that the ivy bridge i7-3770k is really only stable at 4.5Ghz anymore over and you'll have some problems, try going to 4.5 Ghz to see if that helps you, it helped me out! and no freezing or crashing ever since!