Solved

Will Upgrading To Windows Vista Mess Up My Recovery?

so basically, before windows start booting, theres something like "Press F9 To Launch Recovery Tools", if i upgrade xp to vista, will that be messed up?(provided that i dont install it at the same partition as the recovery data
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will upgrading windows vista mess recovery
  1. It shouldn't, but if your system came with XP, then your recovery partition would reinstall XP and you'd have to reinstall Vista.

You could always send a quick email to the support address for whomever made your computer to get a more definitive answer. Since it's basically a yes or no answer, and shouldn't take more than a few minutes, I wouldn't expect that they'd play the "your system is no longer supported" card.
  2. so basically, they will say my system is not supported to get money?
  3. Best answer
    Most tech support take the whole warranty time limit seriously, but as has been pointed out, it's a very basic question, so they'll probably answer it. However, from past experience, as I have upgraded and then had to use recovery, it'll reinmstall XP. Clean install won't screw up anything and upgrade should only change the C: drive so no, it shouldn't screw up the recovery partition.
  4. prolim123 said:
    so basically, they will say my system is not supported to get money?

Quite the opposite. I'm saying that since it is a simple question, even if the system is years out of warranty, they will probably still answer it for you.
  5. oh cool thanks
  6. Best answer selected by prolim123.
Ask a new question

Read More

Data Recovery Windows Vista Windows XP