Hi!

Hello,
i want to buy a mac pro 13, with 2.4GHz. i want to know what is the difference between 250GB and 750GB hard drive capacity? also between 4GB and 8GB RAM?
i will use my computer for internet, store music and watch movies mostly. what do you recomand me? there is a big price difference!
thanks a lot!
7 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. 250gb is lower in capacity while 750gb gives you a huge space for stuff like movies,music,editing etc 4gb ram average while 8gb ram is used for gamers.
  2. If you are to store lots of stuff (movies take too much space), go for the one with 750 GB.
    4GB RAM should be good though.
  3. Go with 250 GB hard disk and 4 GBs of RAM.

Buy a 1 TB external storage drive for your movies (large files) and photos and other data.

You can also use the 1 TB external drive for backups; important!
  4. xtreme5 said:
    250gb is lower in capacity while 750gb gives you a huge space for stuff like movies,music,editing etc 4gb ram average while 8gb ram is used for gamers.

thank you! :)
  5. jsmakkar said:
    If you are to store lots of stuff (movies take too much space), go for the one with 750 GB.
    4GB RAM should be good though.

thank you! :)
  6. Ubrales said:
    Go with 250 GB hard disk and 4 GBs of RAM.

Buy a 1 TB external storage drive for your movies (large files) and photos and other data.

You can also use the 1 TB external drive for backups; important!

what would be the advantage to buy a 1TB external storage instead of improving the power of the hard disk? the price?
    does that help surf faster on the net?

thanks a lot
  7. kit4 said:
    what would be the advantage to buy a 1TB external storage instead of improving the power of the hard disk? the price?
    does that help surf faster on the net?

thanks a lot

Yes, the 1 TB external HDD will give you overall lower cost!

Speeds of surfing the internet are not affected by the hard disk size. The speed is a factor of the wireless card ('N' these days; fastest), the CPU Cache (better CPUs have more cache; faster), the RAM (more is better), and of course the speed of the site. If the site is a slow site (their hardware) then the fastest computer will not make much of a difference.

The system that you have chosen is a great one; go for it!
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Storage