Windows 7 Black load Screen

manzi

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
My computer after trying to (stupidly) remove the SPTD driver so Daemon Tools would work. Is stuck on the black loading screen, even when loading from safe mode.

I tried removing the sptd driver, but only took out 1 of 2 files, the other not being removed properly. So i restarted (which worked) and restored my computer to an hour before i tried any of it. I could only log on in safe mode and i checked and saw that both drivers were there. So i turn off the computer and it was fine.

However, i tried to turn on the computer again later, but it got stuck on the black screen with just the mouse. I held the power button and retried,in safe mode, this time getting to my computer background, with nothing loading. I tried yet again and only got black screen. It says all my drives loaded and everything, including sptd, but nothing is loading.

What is wrong with my computer? I am not that good with them and cannot open it up without a lot of help if it is a hardware problem

erikjansson

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I dont think its a hardware problem more a software problem. If you format the harddisk and reinstall windows it should work. Usually software dosent affect hardware in the manner of defecting it(NORMALLY, though if you are overclocking you could overheat the hardware, but thats not your case).

Erik Jansson

TRENDING THREADS