3570k 4.5Ghz OC Clearance

1928sparda

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
I recently overclocked my new 3570k to 4.5ghz and got it to run prime95 blend for 12+ hours with no errors or WHEA event errors in my event viewer, then i proceeded to run 40 runs of IBT and same results, no problems.

My question is, am i set to go with the results that i am using right now?

Its at a fixed voltage with a LLC of level 2, (not sure the %) and varies from 1.76 - 1.92.
I have turned off C1E, C states, and C support package and Speedstep :bounce:

Temps have maxed at 81C during prime and IBT and in Battlefield 3 i get a max of 61C on Conquest with 64 players on ultra.

Am i good to go?

Thank you

Solution
Yes absolutly , those voltage settings are very good and will cause no problems whatsoever. The thing you want to remember about load temps is that when stress testing puts a 10% load on the cpu the temps that you see will be the highest that you will see under any circumstances and in real world usage you will not approch those temps.
Are you sure that your reading the voltages correctly? I would not run that cpu at a voltage over 1.38 v. You will shorten the life of your cpu and basicly burn it out before its time. The temps must be pretty high with that much voltage and what are you using for a cpu cooler? this aticle should help you in overclocking the 3570K.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ivy-bridge-overclocking-core-i7-3770k,3198.html

If you want to keep your cpu around for a few years you might want to lower the voltage to under 1.38 v.

1928sparda

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
so that being said, 1.176-1.192 completely stable with acceptable load temps am i good to go with those settings?

BTW, i have 2 year insurance from microcenter so if it craps out for literally ANY reason, i get a brand new one on the spot, so i dont mind cutting the life down alittle bit.

Yes absolutly , those voltage settings are very good and will cause no problems whatsoever. The thing you want to remember about load temps is that when stress testing puts a 10% load on the cpu the temps that you see will be the highest that you will see under any circumstances and in real world usage you will not approch those temps.

Solution

If your happy with the settings that you have then that's fine but if you want to go higher then that's when you will start to add more voltage and maybe end up shortening the life of your cpu.