Anyone with a Sniper or Scout tower

Dragons Lord

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
In the Sniper and Scout I know there is a switch for turning off the fan lights. how does this work?
Is there a power line just for the lights coming out of the fans that came with the case?

I have a small child and would like to add this feature to my case fans. I'm usally pretty good with this kind of stuff, but I don't see how a 3 pin fan with LEDs can have the lights turned off and the fan still run. Please take a look and let me know Thanx for any help in this matter

moody89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
Like you said, I can't imagine there being a switch for just the lights since a 3-pin connector is usually for +12V, +5V and 0V. There's not usually a connection or cable controlling the lights, I always assumed they came on with the +12V connection. The only way I can think of is that they use specific fans that do come with a LED controller. Sorry I can't be of more help!

moody89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009

There's your answer then! I wasn't sure how they would manage it with a standard fan...without some heavy modding ;)

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
yeah i have the scout, and only the fans supplied can have their LED's turned off... if you need a replacement, good luck finding one with the proper connections that can turn off the lights.. these fans also have very low CFM