Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Anyone with a Sniper or Scout tower

Last response: in Components
March 13, 2010 6:47:42 AM

In the Sniper and Scout I know there is a switch for turning off the fan lights. how does this work?
Is there a power line just for the lights coming out of the fans that came with the case?

I have a small child and would like to add this feature to my case fans. I'm usally pretty good with this kind of stuff, but I don't see how a 3 pin fan with LEDs can have the lights turned off and the fan still run. Please take a look and let me know Thanx for any help in this matter

More about : sniper scout tower

a b ) Power supply
March 13, 2010 7:20:16 AM

Like you said, I can't imagine there being a switch for just the lights since a 3-pin connector is usually for +12V, +5V and 0V. There's not usually a connection or cable controlling the lights, I always assumed they came on with the +12V connection. The only way I can think of is that they use specific fans that do come with a LED controller. Sorry I can't be of more help!
m
l

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
March 13, 2010 8:57:16 AM

They are not your every day fans. The fans come with an extra 2pin connector that plugs into the LED controller.

This is an example of what they come with.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
March 13, 2010 10:18:39 AM

skora said:
They are not your every day fans. The fans come with an extra 2pin connector that plugs into the LED controller.

This is an example of what they come with.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

There's your answer then! I wasn't sure how they would manage it with a standard fan...without some heavy modding ;) 
m
l
March 13, 2010 9:20:40 PM

yeah i have the scout, and only the fans supplied can have their LED's turned off... if you need a replacement, good luck finding one with the proper connections that can turn off the lights.. these fans also have very low CFM
m
l
March 14, 2010 7:18:07 AM

Best answer selected by Dragons Lord.
m
l
!