Gpu watercooling inlet and outlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mukitbinazad

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
hi,
can i install the inlet and outlet fittings on the same side of the gpu like the picture below??
grfwgrt.png

and if i am watercooling 2 gpu's,could i install the 2nd gpu outlet on the same side of the sli fitting like the picture below??
Capture.png

or maybe like this?
tfsf.png

i know the drawings are crappy..made them with ms paint..lol..and if i are thinking
why i want to watercool them in this odd manner..well i have my reasons...plz help

thnx in advance
mukit

Solution
The Alphacool black one is shorter and you can tell because if you look at the rotary part of the fitting you will see that the black one has a much shorter rotary part then the bitspower one. You can get the non-rotary bitspower and it would be shorter but then you couldn't turn it to the direction that you wanted.
Unfortunatly the bitspower fitting did't give the measurements like the Alpfacool one does.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/15206/ex-tub-1198/Alphacool_G14_Thread_90_Rotary_38_ID_x_58_OD_Compression_Fitting_-_Chrome.html?tl=g30c409s1612

As you can see this is the same fittind as the black one only compression and you can see the difference with the compression ring how it makes it taller than the barb fitting.
Yes I...

mukitbinazad

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012

so you mean that i need to use the 2nd method?
and can i install both inlet and outlet on the same side of the gpu if i am watercooling only one gpu?

Lutfij

Titan
[:lutfij:2]

if you have two loops, i.e: one loop for each card then yeah you'll be able to do what's shown in your 2nd ms paint doodle.

the first doodle however, is also possible. But the Hydro block's from swiftech seem to show that they are usable on both sides. Best to also give swiftech's site a knock on.

why i want to watercool them in this odd manner..well i have my reasons...plz help
and that being?

^ i know it shouldn't be our business but we'd like to thwart any mishaps from happening due to manhandling :)

mukitbinazad

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012

actually i used the gtx 580 hc card only as an example..i am not using the gtx 580 with swiftech block,am using radeon 7970 with ek block...and am building a rig that is totally crazy...i cant really describe it..lol...and i am only stumbled at this point...

Lutfij

Titan
i am not using the gtx 580 with swiftech block,am using radeon 7970 with ek block
then it changes the entire picture.

EK's blocks are def dif than all the other blocks just as a Honda civic is dif than a Maranello 535 even though they are both cars.

similarly your EK block will def have different ways of port layout.
last I checked they can be run in serial or parallel configs.

* on a side note: next time while asking for advice, please remain specific to its part. Otherwise we've made ourselves responsible for any damage that came about from misunderstanding.
** I hope you haven't gotten a nickel plated block...?

Crazy is the middle name for most watercoolers :sol: perhaps we could pitch in to your progress.

I know your Bangladeshi, but where dya live now? Wondering, as to what sort of parts your accessible to?

mukitbinazad

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012

i guess you still dont like ek because of the nickle..well i kow what am doing with the nickle blocks..well if use the 2nd drawing,would i be able to watercool the cards with ek blocks?and would i be able to install the inlet and outlet on the same side if i am cooling only 1 gpu?

mukitbinazad

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012

oh,i moved to america//
and what is the relation with the 2nd drawing(3rd pic) with dual loops?

EDIT:here is the ek serial pic..
njydseth.png

would i be able to cool them in this manner in a single loop..the 3rd pic(2nd drawing) is the same as this....

You are going to struggle to find a 90' fitting to fit between the two cards, its doable with universals, but not very easily with f/c blocks with small spacing between them
I'm seeing the outline like this lutfij,
gpuplan.png

doable if he has spacing between the two cards, maybe a rotary 90 is the best connector here, like
http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/14-Thread-90-Rotary-Compression-Fitting-for-716-ID---58-OD-11-16mm-Tubing--Silver-pid-11396.html
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/ensish90dero.html
Moto

Lutfij

Titan
hmm doable, however the 90' fitting may be an issue with mobo pci-e spacing. Ryan accomplished his gpu loop since his Crosshair had adequate spacing between cards.

and this
http://www.ekwb.com/shop/EK-IM/EK-IM-3831109856697.pdf
shows that getting a fitting there may be an issue even though its a single slot solution to wc like the komodo.

Edit: i see you edited your post about the spacing.
this guy went overboard
http://forums.vr-zone.com/project-logs/2093452-project-rampage-corsair-800d-completed-15.html

apart from his endless complaining of how his blocks will go bad sometime around his next flushing the layout on his gpu also is questionable.

mukitbinazad

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012

yep,i was planing to do the exact thing that you have showed in the image....so this setup will work...and yes,i am planing on using rotary fittings here...i know its a pain finding the exact fitting....searching in some bitspower fittings,my tubing size is 3/8" id,5/8" od..:/

mukitbinazad

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012

i checked out all other multiple gpu watercooling solutions...
if i use ek links...i get top holes but the cards take up like 1.5 slots
if i use ek bridge,well it covers a bit more after going on top of the link holes..
if i use komodo blocks,well they dont even have top holes.
if i use normal swiftech blocks,well they are messed up like ek.
if i use heatkiller blocks,their sli/crossfire bridges act same as the komodo blocks

and the rig is crazy as hell..there is no way i will be able to install the wb bridges///so i have to use a fitting some how...:(

mukitbinazad

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012

the heatkiller and komodo's have top holes??
edit:eek:h,i guess you misunderstood..i am talking about top holes...not the left and right holes//if you attach the ek links to ek blocks,you get top holes..in that manner you can install the sli fittings by installing inlet/outlets on TOP of the block...
and ek blocks have both left and right ports..you should check the 7970 ek block..
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14867/ex-blc-1044/EK_Radeon_HD_7970_VGA_Liquid_Cooling_Block_-_Acetal_Electroless_Nickel_Plated_EK-FC7970_-_AcetalEN_Nickel.html?tl=g30c357s922#blank

These are pictures of the setup I have and if you notice the space between the two cards would not be enough for a fitting of any kind and I have tried to find one just for that reason. You need more spacing between the two cards to get a fitting on the same side. With the 90 degree fittings it doesn't make a difference if it's on the bottom side of the card.

No , you need at least one more slot of space to put a fitting on the sid between the cards. You can easily put that fitting on the other side of the card and it will work in giving you the direction of the tubing that you want. There are no fittings small enough to fit in between the two cards when they are that close that will give you a 90 degree turn. I wanted to do that same thing that your trying to do and could not find a fitting to fit. I have been doing water cooling for a number of years so I do know what I'm talking about.

mukitbinazad

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012

hmm..well the 1st and 2nd cards have a single slot spacing between them...

mukitbinazad

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012

i cant get 2 slots between the cards....my mobo is the asus rampage 4 extreme...i know it has lots of pcie slots but they are going to be assigned to other stuff...so you are suggesting to use this barb..i was leaning towards the bitspower compression fittings because i wasn't using barbs anywhere..am checking some other barbs

Status
Not open for further replies.