Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Where's Core 2 Quad Gone

Last response: in CPUs
March 13, 2010 11:09:05 AM

on the website of Intel i do not see the core 2 series anywhere under the desktop series :o 

http://www.intel.com/products/processor/index.htm?iid=s...

i only see the i series everywhere

are core 2 processors being discontinued :??: 

is the LG775 obsolete in the next coming months or so :??: 

More about : core quad

a b à CPUs
March 13, 2010 11:11:00 AM

LGA775 is dead and gone ;)  You won't see any more chips being made for this socket. The i series is the future for intel at the moment. Strange that they have taken the info off their site though!
m
l
March 13, 2010 11:15:52 AM

moody89 said:
LGA775 is dead and gone ;)  You won't see any more chips being made for this socket. The i series is the future for intel at the moment. Strange that they have taken the info off their site though!

well my whole plan was around the core 2 quad

i almost sweated when i saw the core 2 missing on Intel's website :ouch: 

but they haven't made any public announcement that they are stopping core 2 series,

may be this what they are planning secretly, its pretty evident, :( 

please advise if there is any news of Intel actually stopping the manufacturing and sales of the Core 2 line of CPUs ?
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
March 13, 2010 11:25:22 AM

If you're building new I'd go an i5 or i7 instead. Or the AMD route on the AM3 socket. Just gives you that extra bit of future-proofing over LGA775. I really can't imagine there being any more 775 chips put into production :) 
m
l
a b à CPUs
March 13, 2010 11:26:38 AM

By this I mean any NEW processors. I'm sure they will continue to manufacture Core2's and places will continue to sell them I just meant they won't be releasing any news ones. Sorry for the confusion!
m
l

Best solution

a c 172 à CPUs
a b å Intel
March 13, 2010 11:28:54 AM

Core2 data is still on the website. Just google processor model or S-Spec.
March 17, 2010 3:34:34 PM

Best answer selected by capital_one.
m
l
!