Media Works vs Media Net

JOJO

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I would like to know the difference in these two data plans besides the
$10 difference.

I want to buy a new Nokia 6032 and tether it to my laptop via cable or
Bluetooth. Will these plans work with a laptop? Are there any extra
charges that I should be aware of?

I now have Verizon with a Kyocera phone tethered to my laptop. I have
been happy with the Verizon service, but my primary usage area is now
West Central Louisiana. Verizon has no coverage here except though
Sprint.

I don't want to get tied into a Cingular contract where I can't use my
laptop while traveling. What software/cable kit will I need with the
Nokia 6032?

One last question...I promise <G> Can I turn the Media Works/Net on
and off without paying a fee?

JoJo

fred

MediaNet is strictly a data plan.
MediaWorks also includes text and multimedia messaging.

Fred

JoJo wrote:
> I would like to know the difference in these two data plans besides the
> $10 difference.
>
> I want to buy a new Nokia 6032 and tether it to my laptop via cable or
> Bluetooth. Will these plans work with a laptop? Are there any extra
> charges that I should be aware of?
>
> I now have Verizon with a Kyocera phone tethered to my laptop. I have
> been happy with the Verizon service, but my primary usage area is now
> West Central Louisiana. Verizon has no coverage here except though
> Sprint.
>
> I don't want to get tied into a Cingular contract where I can't use my
> laptop while traveling. What software/cable kit will I need with the
> Nokia 6032?

Cingular has better data coverage nationwide than Verizon Wireless.
That's because with GSM you can use data on another carrier's system,
where with Verizon Wireless, you're pretty much stuck to the Verizon
Wireless towers (and not able to use data on Extended Network or Roaming).