downloaded objects not working

Last response: in Video Games
May 7, 2005 12:30:22 AM

I've downloaded some objects and outfits and such, put them in the
collections folder, but some don't work. Are these just non-working
downloads, or is there something I can do? Do I need to seperate them
further?
Thanks

--
-----
Esmeralda

They do not go into the collections folder, they go into the downloads
folder.

"Esmeralda" <esmeralda@notredame.net> wrote in message
> I've downloaded some objects and outfits and such, put them in the
> collections folder, but some don't work. Are these just non-working
> downloads, or is there something I can do? Do I need to seperate them
> further?
> Thanks
>
> --
> -----
> Esmeralda
> *Life is too short to be normal*
> My children are breastfed, uncut, co-slept,
> cloth diapered and worn in a sling. And
> your opinion on these issues is not needed.

Anonymous
May 7, 2005 4:45:43 AM

"Esmeralda" <esmeralda@notredame.net> wrote in

> I've downloaded some objects and outfits and such, put them in the
> collections folder, but some don't work. Are these just
> non-working downloads, or is there something I can do? Do I need
> to seperate them further?

Put them in your downloads folder, not the collections folder.

--
Mike
"The world is full of people whose notion of a satisfactory future

Maybe the objects require the University expansion pack.

Otherwise they may just be faulty.
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 3:08:50 PM

I moved everything into these folders, however a fair amount of them still
don't work. Any other ideas? I've also tried redownloading the same things,
but that doesn't work either.
Thanks.

--
-----
> They do not go into the collections folder, they go into the downloads
> folder.
>
> "Esmeralda" <esmeralda@notredame.net> wrote in message
>> I've downloaded some objects and outfits and such, put them in the
>> collections folder, but some don't work. Are these just non-working
>> downloads, or is there something I can do? Do I need to seperate them
>> further?
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> -----
>> Esmeralda
>> *Life is too short to be normal*
>> My children are breastfed, uncut, co-slept,
>> cloth diapered and worn in a sling. And
>> your opinion on these issues is not needed.

Anonymous
May 17, 2005 9:38:00 PM

If you could give us a partial list and the exact location you put the
files, maybe we could troubleshoot for you.

>I moved everything into these folders, however a fair amount of them still
>don't work. Any other ideas? I've also tried redownloading the same things,
>but that doesn't work either.
> Thanks.
>
> --
> -----
> Esmeralda
> *Life is too short to be normal*
> My children are breastfed, uncut, co-slept,
> cloth diapered and worn in a sling. And
> your opinion on these issues is not needed.
>> They do not go into the collections folder, they go into the downloads
>> folder.
>>
>> "Esmeralda" <esmeralda@notredame.net> wrote in message
>>> I've downloaded some objects and outfits and such, put them in the
>>> collections folder, but some don't work. Are these just non-working
>>> downloads, or is there something I can do? Do I need to seperate them
>>> further?
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> --
>>> -----
>>> Esmeralda
>>> *Life is too short to be normal*
>>> My children are breastfed, uncut, co-slept,
>>> cloth diapered and worn in a sling. And
>>> your opinion on these issues is not needed.

Anonymous
May 18, 2005 10:05:21 AM

Yesterday I downloaded a bunch of objects and I created a "Downloads"
folder in the Sims 2 directory. None of them worked, though I made sure
when downloading that they required nothing, all of them are original
meshes. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any pointers.

Some of the things I downloaded was a Samsung DLP TV, a Laptop, an iMac
G4 and iMac G5. All are in the downloads folder as package files.
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 10:09:24 AM

I think I know why they are not working. Do I put it in the downloads
folder under program files/ea games/the sims 2 or in my documents/ea
games/the sims 2? I have it in the program file folder.
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 10:42:38 PM

On 18 May 2005 06:09:24 -0700, cjw <cwinter@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think I know why they are not working. Do I put it in the downloads
> folder under program files/ea games/the sims 2 or in my documents/ea
> games/the sims 2? I have it in the program file folder.

It is under "my documents".

good sign." -G
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 4:40:27 AM

And you still need to have CEP even for original meshes.

"Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote in message
news:o psqzcpczgb52ai9@news.online.no...
> On 18 May 2005 06:09:24 -0700, cjw <cwinter@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think I know why they are not working. Do I put it in the downloads
>> folder under program files/ea games/the sims 2 or in my documents/ea
>> games/the sims 2? I have it in the program file folder.
>
> It is under "my documents".
>
> --
> "When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
> good sign." -G
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 9:26:27 AM

Thanks, it;s working now, even without CEP. I will download it later
though to be on the safe side.
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 4:35:21 PM

Thanks Everyone. I finally got them working. I changed the format and
Presto! they worked.
So, thanks for the replies.

--
-----