downloaded objects not working

I've downloaded some objects and outfits and such, put them in the
collections folder, but some don't work. Are these just non-working
downloads, or is there something I can do? Do I need to seperate them
further?
Thanks

--
-----
Esmeralda

    They do not go into the collections folder, they go into the downloads
    folder.

    "Esmeralda" <esmeralda@notredame.net> wrote in message
    > I've downloaded some objects and outfits and such, put them in the
    > collections folder, but some don't work. Are these just non-working
    > downloads, or is there something I can do? Do I need to seperate them
    > further?
    > Thanks
    >
    > --
    > -----
    > Esmeralda
    > *Life is too short to be normal*
    > My children are breastfed, uncut, co-slept,
    > cloth diapered and worn in a sling. And
    > your opinion on these issues is not needed.

    "Esmeralda" <esmeralda@notredame.net> wrote in

    > I've downloaded some objects and outfits and such, put them in the
    > collections folder, but some don't work. Are these just
    > non-working downloads, or is there something I can do? Do I need
    > to seperate them further?

    Put them in your downloads folder, not the collections folder.

    --
    Mike
    "The world is full of people whose notion of a satisfactory future

    Maybe the objects require the University expansion pack.

    Otherwise they may just be faulty.

    I moved everything into these folders, however a fair amount of them still
    don't work. Any other ideas? I've also tried redownloading the same things,
    but that doesn't work either.
    Thanks.

    --
    -----
    > They do not go into the collections folder, they go into the downloads
    > folder.
    >
    > "Esmeralda" <esmeralda@notredame.net> wrote in message
    >> I've downloaded some objects and outfits and such, put them in the
    >> collections folder, but some don't work. Are these just non-working
    >> downloads, or is there something I can do? Do I need to seperate them
    >> further?
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> --
    >> -----
    >> Esmeralda
    >> *Life is too short to be normal*
    >> My children are breastfed, uncut, co-slept,
    >> cloth diapered and worn in a sling. And
    >> your opinion on these issues is not needed.

    If you could give us a partial list and the exact location you put the
    files, maybe we could troubleshoot for you.

    >I moved everything into these folders, however a fair amount of them still
    >don't work. Any other ideas? I've also tried redownloading the same things,
    >but that doesn't work either.
    > Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > -----
    > Esmeralda
    > *Life is too short to be normal*
    > My children are breastfed, uncut, co-slept,
    > cloth diapered and worn in a sling. And
    > your opinion on these issues is not needed.
    >> They do not go into the collections folder, they go into the downloads
    >> folder.
    >>
    >> "Esmeralda" <esmeralda@notredame.net> wrote in message
    >>> I've downloaded some objects and outfits and such, put them in the
    >>> collections folder, but some don't work. Are these just non-working
    >>> downloads, or is there something I can do? Do I need to seperate them
    >>> further?
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> -----
    >>> Esmeralda
    >>> *Life is too short to be normal*
    >>> My children are breastfed, uncut, co-slept,
    >>> cloth diapered and worn in a sling. And
    >>> your opinion on these issues is not needed.

    Yesterday I downloaded a bunch of objects and I created a "Downloads"
    folder in the Sims 2 directory. None of them worked, though I made sure
    when downloading that they required nothing, all of them are original
    meshes. Am I doing something wrong?

    Thanks for any pointers.

    Some of the things I downloaded was a Samsung DLP TV, a Laptop, an iMac
    G4 and iMac G5. All are in the downloads folder as package files.

    I think I know why they are not working. Do I put it in the downloads
    folder under program files/ea games/the sims 2 or in my documents/ea
    games/the sims 2? I have it in the program file folder.

    On 18 May 2005 06:09:24 -0700, cjw <cwinter@gmail.com> wrote:

    > I think I know why they are not working. Do I put it in the downloads
    > folder under program files/ea games/the sims 2 or in my documents/ea
    > games/the sims 2? I have it in the program file folder.

    It is under "my documents".

    good sign." -G

    And you still need to have CEP even for original meshes.

    "Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote in message
    > On 18 May 2005 06:09:24 -0700, cjw <cwinter@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I think I know why they are not working. Do I put it in the downloads
    >> folder under program files/ea games/the sims 2 or in my documents/ea
    >> games/the sims 2? I have it in the program file folder.
    >
    > It is under "my documents".
    >
    > --
    > "When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
    > good sign." -G

    Thanks, it;s working now, even without CEP. I will download it later
    though to be on the safe side.

    Thanks Everyone. I finally got them working. I changed the format and
    Presto! they worked.
    So, thanks for the replies.

    --
    -----
    Esmeralda
    *Life is too short to be normal*
    My children are breastfed, uncut, co-slept,
    cloth diapered and worn in a sling. And
    your opinion on these issues is not needed.
    "Esmeralda" <esmeralda@notredame.net> wrote in message
    > I've downloaded some objects and outfits and such, put them in the
    > collections folder, but some don't work. Are these just non-working
    > downloads, or is there something I can do? Do I need to seperate them
    > further?
    > Thanks
    >
    > --
    > -----
    > Esmeralda
    > *Life is too short to be normal*
    > My children are breastfed, uncut, co-slept,
    > cloth diapered and worn in a sling. And
    > your opinion on these issues is not needed.

Sims Games Video Games