Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Windows 7
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Internet
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
March 20, 2010 1:27:16 PM

Have an HP laptop with windows 7, just bought another HP likewise with Windows 7, If I am on the internet and someone cranks up the other laptop, it knocks me off the internet and neither of the machines will connect... Help please!

More about : windows laptop knocks internet

a b D Laptop
March 20, 2010 2:54:05 PM

Is this wired or wireless? Are you using a router? You should be. You can only share your internet connection with another computer is you're using a router.
m
l
March 20, 2010 8:57:39 PM

eibgrad said:
Is this wired or wireless? Are you using a router? You should be. You can only share your internet connection with another computer is you're using a router.

Yes Wireless - router - cable modem. Was just fine when one laptop was running 7 and the other was a vista machine... now have 2 w7's and ????
m
l
a b D Laptop
March 20, 2010 11:48:31 PM

Connect one Win7 machine (working properly) and generate an ipconfig dump. Post it here.

Connect both Win7 machines (creating the problem) and generate an ipconfig dump on each machine. Post them here as well.

IOW, I want to see three (3) dumps, one before the problem occurs and two after the problem occurs.

Make sure each is labeled so I know which is which!

If you find it easier to host the files elsewhere and provide links, that’s fine too.

How to Generate an IPCONFIG Dump
Go to Start->Run, type "cmd" (no quotes), and hit enter. In the command window, type "ipconfig /all > temp.txt". The file temp.txt in the current directory will contain the dump.
m
l