Repairing noskrnl.exe

magnus71

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012
How do i repair a corrupt ntoskrnl.exe? i don't want to do a clean install and lose datahttp://img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/icones/smilies/non.gif!

Solution
To restore this file follow the below steps.

01-Insert the Microsoft Windows XP CD. Note: If you have a recovery CD or a restore CD and not a Microsoft Windows XP CD it is likely the below steps will not resolve your issue.

02-Reboot the computer, as the computer is starting you should see a message to press any key to boot from the CD. When you see this message press any key.

03-In the Microsoft Windows XP setup menu press the R key to enter the recovery console.

04-Select the operating system you wish to fix, and then enter the administrator password.

05-Type expand d:\i386\ntoskrnl.ex_ c:\windows\system32

06-You will then be prompted if you wish to overwrite the file type Y and press enter to overwrite the file.

07-Type exit...

princesiddiqui

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
To restore this file follow the below steps.

01-Insert the Microsoft Windows XP CD. Note: If you have a recovery CD or a restore CD and not a Microsoft Windows XP CD it is likely the below steps will not resolve your issue.

02-Reboot the computer, as the computer is starting you should see a message to press any key to boot from the CD. When you see this message press any key.

03-In the Microsoft Windows XP setup menu press the R key to enter the recovery console.

04-Select the operating system you wish to fix, and then enter the administrator password.

05-Type expand d:\i386\ntoskrnl.ex_ c:\windows\system32

06-You will then be prompted if you wish to overwrite the file type Y and press enter to overwrite the file.

07-Type exit to reboot the computer.

Solution