Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

I7 3770k 4.7ghz overclock

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
August 5, 2012 7:39:26 PM

Hi i currently have my cpu overclocked to 4.7ghz with 1.35 vcore and on the harshest tests i'm hitting 90 Celcius core temp, is this bad??

More about : 3770k 7ghz overclock

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
August 5, 2012 8:04:57 PM

It's not great - I believe Max Temp is 100C - Ivy runs hotter than Sandy. Can you reduce the voltage any more? From the tests I've seen Ivy past 4.5GHz gets hot fast. What cooler do you have - getting a better one might help.
-Bruce
August 5, 2012 8:38:11 PM

dish_moose said:
It's not great - I believe Max Temp is 100C - Ivy runs hotter than Sandy. Can you reduce the voltage any more? From the tests I've seen Ivy past 4.5GHz gets hot fast. What cooler do you have - getting a better one might help.
-Bruce


The only reason i went that high is becasue i'm having some weird stability issues :(  , i survive 24 hour stress tests, but under normal usage my pc just locks up without any blue screen or anything :( . Do you have any advice for me, and is this a usual symptom of an unstable overclock or am i looking at faulty hardware??
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
August 5, 2012 9:18:24 PM

I'm surprised why are you people overclocking cpu's too much didn't you know it's drawbacks. Pushing too much doesn't mean that you'll be getting better performance from overclocking yes it's make the system better but not cross the line 4.3ghz is more than enough even this can be easily done with using stock voltages in this case you have double advantages:
1:lifespan will not decrease overclocking with stock voltages.
2:Temps are lower and safer.
a c 185 à CPUs
a c 150 K Overclocking
August 5, 2012 9:23:54 PM

What are you doing that requires you to have your 3770K run at 4.7ghz?

Try 4.5ghz with a lower VCore, 200mhz won't make that much of a difference.

What cooling are you using?

Anything above 4.5ghz should only be done with GOOD cooling.
August 5, 2012 9:29:11 PM

amuffin said:
What are you doing that requires you to have your 3770K run at 4.7ghz?

Try 4.5ghz with a lower VCore, 200mhz won't make that much of a difference.

What cooling are you using?

Anything above 4.5ghz should only be done with GOOD cooling.


i'm currently trying 4.5ghz with 1.275 vcore, and i seem to be running into the sytem hang problem still :pfff:  have i been sold a dud chip or something???


P.S my cooler is a noctua dh14 with 3 fans installed on it.






















a c 185 à CPUs
a c 150 K Overclocking
August 5, 2012 9:31:39 PM

Stay at 4.5ghz and fool around with the voltage until the system is stable.
August 5, 2012 9:33:54 PM

amuffin said:
Stay at 4.5ghz and fool around with the voltage until the system is stable.


it's really weird the symptoms im having, the mouse will jump around the screen, and then then it will completely freeze without a blue screen or anything :/  is this a common issue with overclocking?? :ouch: 
October 19, 2012 4:41:32 PM

Sounds like you're running into heat issues. Your CPU is overheating and is causing the hang up and lag during use. I recommend remounting your CPU cooler as there are probably air bubbles in your thermal paste. This should fix your issue.

Here's a link to a video: ( I recommend the Pea Method)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_4...
!