Im trying to figure out my PC's problem

mr e

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
Ok, i think i have a bad video card, although i can run furmark and 3dmark with no errors but when i play Starwars Knights of the Old Republic 2 my video card gives the error "graphics core has stopped responding to commands from the device driver, the core has been restarted". when i try to run an rmvb.ram format video the pc freezes and the image on screen remains, sometimes accompanied by a strange noise from the speakers. When i try to play most higher end games like Unreal Tournament 3 i get an error stating "could not create d3d device". My pc specs are Windows XP AMD X2 7850 2.8 gig Dual Core processor, ATI Radeon HD 2600 video, Sound Blaster Audigy 4 sound, ASUS M3A78-CM Motherboard, 2 Gigs ram. All drivers including d3d up to date (D3D version 9.0c). I dont know off hand the make of my power supply, but it is at least 2 yrs old, my temp monitoring program (Pc Probe, bundled with motherboard) has a strange error logged stating that the vcore voltage was 0 for several seconds, also have seen fans go to 0 speed for several seconds two or three times. After finding that error out, i was wondering if my problem could be a failing power supply, if the voltage cut out to video card while it was processing, could it cause system to crash? or it there wasnt enough power to go around could that cause a crash or would pc shut down automatically? Thank you in advance for any help.