Which keys are being pressed

Hello,
For the past few days my laptop hasn't been responding, and is typing " ncb ncb ncb at random or whenever I hit the spacebar - currently using onscreen pad. It usually goes away after a whjle, but it starts each time I start my computer. Randomly windows will max/minimize, ifI hit a key it will act as if I'm holding the key down or type " ncb", I often hear the Windows "you can't do that" bump sound when hitting keys. ncRestart does not resolve the issue, and uninstalling the driver was unsuccessful many times.

I have Windows XP on an ASUS HD1000 netbook. It is about 2 years old.
3 answers Last reply
More about which keys pressed
  1. Also removing the keys themselves and removing dust seemed to help at first, but now there's no change.
  2. Have you scanned for viruses/malware? Try malwarebytes.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/
  3. Hawkeye22,

When the problem temporarily went away after some cleaning an infection was ruled out. In fact I just recently had to uninstall MalwareBytes because it kept running this "mbamservice" and hogging my ram.
    However I just got the keyboard replaced today and you would not believe the dust and dirt that had collected underneath. With a new keyboard everything is working perfectly - it was most likely old liquid damage finally taking its toll.

Thank you for your help!
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows XP