Sign in with
Your question

H100 compatible cases

Last response: in Overclocking
August 6, 2012 4:22:19 AM

Hello, will the corsair h100 fit in the rosewell challenger u3 mid tower at case? Thanks in advance I will be using a gigabyte 990fxa am3+ mothaboard and amd fx8120 hope it helps i think haha

More about : h100 compatible cases

a c 150 K Overclocking
August 6, 2012 6:05:49 AM

Don't buy an H100, there are heatsinks that are cheaper that outperform it. You can even get custom watercooling for $10 more than the H100 which absolutely destroys the Closed Loop in performance and aesthetics.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 6, 2012 6:51:07 AM

No corsair h100 it won't fit that case
m
l
Related resources
a c 78 K Overclocking
August 6, 2012 7:53:45 PM

No the H100 won't accommodate in that case on its own. With modding yeah it'll tuck inside that case. However, like amuffin said, there are better solutions than getting a closed loop cooler.

Have you read the watercooling sticky? Its in my sig. Best check it out, it also explains the closed loop coolers in the closed loop coolers section
m
l
August 7, 2012 10:25:51 AM

Any case that supports two 120mm fans on the same row can support a h100, if not then the next best thing is the H80, which has very similar temps to the h100 and features the same computerized heatsink.
m
l
a c 78 K Overclocking
August 7, 2012 10:29:36 AM

you should read the watercooling sticky->closed loop cooler section and you'll understand a good cheap air cooler performs the same, if not, better than an H80/100 for 1/3rd the price.

Corsair also acknowledged that their H80/100 units don't recognize some fans off of their fan controller profiles. E.G: their SP120's
m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 7, 2012 10:31:07 AM

Lutfij said:
you should read the watercooling sticky->closed loop cooler section and you'll understand a good cheap air cooler performs the same, if not, better than an H80/100 for 1/3rd the price.
+1
m
l
August 7, 2012 4:25:39 PM

Lutfij said:

I'm sorry but that's just not true and the sheer size that the best Air cooler has to be to be competitive is almost beyond ridiculous. The best air cooler, the Noctua NH-D14 is HUGE and can make doing anything in your case like getting to your ram a real pain. Many people that have it also secure it to the top of their case to take some of the strain off their motherboard. It's big and heavy and the only thing i would use it for is a boat anchor, It also only cools your CPU about 4 degrees cooler than the H70, 2 degrees cooler than the H80 and It loses the H100 by one degree.

I use an H70 to run a 24/7 4.4GHz OC on my 980X without any heat issues. Here's a good review with comparisons to the NH-D14 among others: http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/corsair_hydro_s...

The Corsair H100 @ $114.99 Also only costs $29 more than the Noctua NH-D14 @ $85.99 not 2/3rds more and is well worth it considering the sheer size and weight of competing air coolers.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

For some reason traditional water cooling purists seem to hate these closed loop systems and while I agree that they are no match for more traditional water cooling, they are also much easier, require little to no maintenance and are a great alternative to the very best Air CPU coolers available. :sol: 
m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 7, 2012 4:37:11 PM

The H-100 is a complete joke and disgrace to watercooling that's why traditional watercooling users hate it.It's also not worth the money when you can buy a NH-D14 or Silver Arrow for much less that preform on par with it and are much quieter.
m
l
a c 78 K Overclocking
August 7, 2012 4:39:09 PM

you may want to look at my two build logs to understand where I'm coming from with the BS about H100's.

No one's stopping you from buying one, but when you'll want your cards+chipset under the loop, remember to smack your face against a wall for a facepalm :) 

read all the reviews and then make a base assumption - I already did that on your sticky, feel free to look.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 7, 2012 4:40:28 PM

Lutfij said:
you may want to look at my two build logs to understand where I'm coming from with the BS about H100's.

No one's stopping you from buying one, but when you'll want your cards+chipset under the loop, remember to smack your face against a wall for a facepalm :) 

read all the reviews and then make a base assumption - I already did that on your sticky, feel free to look.
+1 :sol: 
m
l
August 7, 2012 4:44:37 PM

bigcyco1 said:
The H-100 is a complete joke and disgrace to watercooling that's why traditional watercooling users hate it.It's also not worth the money when you can buy a NH-D14 or Silver Arrow for much less that preform on par with it and are much quieter.

See what I mean :pt1cable:  And that's about 1/3rd less, $29 to be exact! :sol: 
m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 7, 2012 4:53:12 PM

If your going to watercool please... don't insult real watercooling the H-100 is a disgrace and absolutely a joke And,corsair and whoever they had make the H-100 and rest of the H- series should be ashamed.This is good for beginner and worthy to be called entry level watercooling! http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/ra750rswakit.html don't be fooled into thinking that fisher price crap is watercooling it's NOT.
m
l
a c 78 K Overclocking
August 7, 2012 4:55:20 PM

bigcyco1 - lets leave it here, were here to help, explain, not feed them their meals. Yet to see OP. Shame how many people just come and post a question - without reading the sticky.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 7, 2012 4:58:28 PM

o.k. bud will do.
m
l
August 7, 2012 5:36:22 PM

bigcyco1 said:
If your going to watercool please... don't insult real watercooling the H-100 is a disgrace and absolutely a joke And,corsair and whoever they had make the H-100 and rest of the H- series should be ashamed.This is good for beginner and worthy to be called entry level watercooling! http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/ra750rswakit.html don't be fooled into thinking that fisher price crap is watercooling it's NOT.
Closed loop water coolers most certainly ARE water coolers, That said, They are not a replacement for traditional water coolers. They don't have the benefits of traditional watercooling like the ability to cool other things like GPU's, chipsets and mosfets. NO ONE HERE (MYSELF INCLUDED) is recommending a closed loop CPU cooler over more traditional watercooling for better cooling abilities of the CPU or anything elce.

But, the fact is (like it or not) a closed loop CPU cooler is an excellent alternative to a CPU air cooler for many reasons like: even a third tier closed loop CPU cooler like the H70 only has one air cooler that can beat it in CPU cooling and a top level closed loop CPU cooler like the H100 can't be beat by any air coolers for CPU cooling.

Another place that closed loop water coolers shine is their relatively small foot print and ease of use. Calling them things like "fisher price crap" is in itself incredibly childish and illustrates an almost maniacal bias that is not only wrong but, counter productive to helping anyone, especially the OP. :non: 

AND ONE MORE THING!!! I really like your Avatar, that's great! :D 
m
l
a c 328 K Overclocking
August 7, 2012 6:00:55 PM

Closed loop coolers do have a very valid purpose. I personally do not classify them in the same category of what is normally considered 'watercooling', but they do employ the same principles of cooling that watercooling does. They simply have a much lower flow/head pump and smaller diameter tubing. The fact is, if you replaced the pump with one of the Swiftech Drive/CPU block pumps, you'd have yourself a fantastic replacement.

The do offer a better cooling alternative when larger air coolers are not wanted or restrict other components...commonly RAM DIMMs with tall heat spreaders.

Watercooling and closed loop coolers; same exact concept, different levels of performance.
m
l
a c 78 K Overclocking
August 7, 2012 6:09:12 PM

Quote:
if you replaced the pump with one of the Swiftech Drive/CPU block pumps, you'd have yourself a fantastic replacement.
don't forget to add a copper constructed rad otherwise we'll have corrosion on our hands due to corsairs alu rad.
m
l
August 7, 2012 6:28:54 PM

rubix_1011 said:
Closed loop coolers do have a very valid purpose. I personally do not classify them in the same category of what is normally considered 'watercooling', but they do employ the same principles of cooling that watercooling does. They simply have a much lower flow/head pump and smaller diameter tubing. The fact is, if you replaced the pump with one of the Swiftech Drive/CPU block pumps, you'd have yourself a fantastic replacement.

The do offer a better cooling alternative when larger air coolers are not wanted or restrict other components...commonly RAM DIMMs with tall heat spreaders.

Watercooling and closed loop coolers; same exact concept, different levels of performance.
I couldn't agree more. What I don't understand us the amount of hatred that is directed at closed loop water coolers and the people posting about them.

Words like "retard" and "fisher price crap" have no place in what should be a sane/helpful discussion. I guess I could understand this reaction if after spending allot of time, money and research to perfect a killer water cooling system and some idiot tries to tell you he has the same because he went out and bought an Corsair H something. However I see this reaction over and over again when a Corsair H is only recommended as an alternative to air and quite frankly it's just not something that screams total sanity! :sol: 

m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 7, 2012 6:50:35 PM

Well i apologize for calling it fisher price watercooling but it really bothers me that people are misguided into thinking it's as good as traditional watercooling to be totally honest it's embarrassing to me that it's even called watercooling but i apologize for being rude.
m
l
August 7, 2012 6:51:15 PM

Quote:
if you figured it out, it takes the same amount of grey matter to assemble a watercooling kit as does a corsair Hydro cooler as does any air cooler. You'd have to be a retard to think that an H100 is easier. Tell you what, get yourself a kit and assemble one, leave your H70 aside and post back on your feedbacks :)  deal?
That just more misinformation. With the H70 as with all the Corsair H models their is no assembly required you simply have to mount it to your motherboard and case. You don't even have to add coolant.

Don't get me wrong I think full blown watercooling is petty cool, in more ways than one. I've just decided that what I have is sufficient for my needs and for that matter a better alternative to air for reasons like ease of access to components and the size and weight of comparable air coolers.

m
l
August 7, 2012 6:57:26 PM

bigcyco1 said:
Well i apologize for calling it fisher price watercooling but it really bothers me that people are misguided into thinking it's as good as traditional watercooling to be totally honest it's embarrassing to me that it's even called watercooling but i apologize for being rude.
Yea, I get that but that's not what I was doing. Anyway apology accepted.

I've been thinking about traditional watercooling on my next build so I might be back here looking for help/suggestions. So I wouldn't want to piss you guys of that much. :whistle: 
m
l
a c 78 K Overclocking
August 7, 2012 6:58:43 PM

like i said, if you can put an air cooler on a motherboard than you have more common sense to feed you to get things done right on a real watercooling kit assembly.

Not getting you wrong, just don't defend the closed loop cooler with all your nerves. I mentioned it in the sticky why+where they're suited for. Just not something people should shell nearly $100 for.

and like I said, I made the same *educated* guess as you and bought it. Clearly it wasn't of any use to me. For your needs, you have cash to flush, be my guest. Everyone here thinks that the closed loops are the way to go instead of all that sweat drenched work on a real loop. They then realize they had been better off going with a Hyper and kept that extra for icecream or a couple of fries+cheeseburgers... :) 

been here long enough to see people like you turn to the real deal and go ...*why, oh, why was I this naive?*

* btw, the closed loops really shine in close quarters like the Sugo/SFF units.
m
l
a c 328 K Overclocking
August 7, 2012 7:07:34 PM

Quote:
Words like "retard" and "fisher price crap" have no place in what should be a sane/helpful discussion.

I didn't see this above, please PM me if you'd like with the permalinks to these messages. Sorry if I've missed them and I can address as needed.

Fisher Price has been thrown around a bit in various threads; while this might be the standard concept of 'thinking', it's not accurate in the sense that they are not in fact, child's toys vs. power tools. They are different products engineered for a different subset of users.

Quote:
I guess I could understand this reaction if after spending allot of time, money and research to perfect a killer water cooling system and some idiot tries to tell you he has the same because he went out and bought an Corsair H something.

I think you've pretty much nailed this one...the reaction basically comes down to 2 things:
1) People arguing misinformed facts about one cooling method vs. the other
2) The misconceptions that closed loop coolers = watercooling loops

m
l
August 7, 2012 9:28:46 PM

rubix_1011 said:
Quote:
Words like "retard" and "fisher price crap" have no place in what should be a sane/helpful discussion.

I didn't see this above, please PM me if you'd like with the permalinks to these messages. Sorry if I've missed them and I can address as needed.
Thanks, but I think a few otherwise decent/helpful people just got a little heated that's all. Besides I'm a big boy I'll get over it. :sol: 
m
l
!