Solved

PLEASE HELP

I was messing around with AI SUITE 2 and I was in the turbo v EVO and clicked the FAST option. I was thinking this was just more of a turbo boost thing than an actually overclock. But the thing that happened is the program caused a BSOD and every time the computer would restart the program kept trying to give me a higher overclock. So now my CPU is at 4.2ghz and it will not let me undo this. My computer is stuck at 4.2ghz. I even changed everything in the BIOS back to default. PLEASE HELP I PROMISE I WILL NEVER TRY TO OVERCLOCK WITH THIS PROGRAM AGAIN.

my current speed is stuck at 4.2ghz please help!!!

My Specs
P8Z77-v pro
i5 3570k 3.4ghz
DDR3 16gb (4x4)
GTX 670 SLI
850W

Thank you in advance
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about please help
  1. Boot into BIOS, load standard settings, save and exit.

There you go!
  2. amuffin said:
    Boot into BIOS, load standard settings, save and exit.

There you go!

I did this. I changed my BIOS to the default settings and it is still showing that my CPU is at 4.2ghz. I tried the option in AI SUITE load OS DEFAULT and still nothing i cant figure it out
  3. Are you sure you saved the settings and rebooted?

After you reboot, go back into bios the MAKE sure it's at stock clocks.
  4. Try completely uninstalling AI Suite.
  5. amuffin said:
    Are you sure you saved the settings and rebooted?

After you reboot, go back into bios the MAKE sure it's at stock clocks.

pretty sure i saved but will try again right now.

Ill post with results
  6. Best answer
    Uninstall AI Suite, reboot, clear the CMOS, reboot. Problem solved?
  7. Thanks everyone for their help. What was happening was every time I would reset the bios setting to default then boot up AI SUITE would automatically allow overclock so i just uninstalled changed to default in bios and everything is back to normal. Thanks everyone for there help much appreciated
  8. Best answer selected by chugginmilk.
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking