Sapphire HD 7850 full waterblock?

jaywald

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012

None of them have a full block for a 7850

jaywald

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012

I've found 1 waterblock but it's for reference designs, I think the Sapphire version uses a shortened PCB

jaywald

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012

I haven't actually bought it yet but this is what I was looking at: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-295-SP I don't really care who made it I was just looking at Sapphire's because it would match the look of my case but if I can replace the cooler then it doesn't matter. If Sapphire's 7850 PCB is modified from the original do you know of a version of the card that has a PCB the same as the reference design or a place I can buy the reference design?

I had considered a universal block and heat sinks but I really don't like the look of it.

Lutfij

Titan
I had considered a universal block and heat sinks but I really don't like the look of it.
me neither, thas why I wait out for a card that has full coverblock support and I always try to get the factory reference pcb's. Much easier to migrate into watercooling since the pcb will line up to the block. Unlike what most people have been facing, they just try to mold their blocks into working with their cards.

Might want to look at the 670. The XSPC razer'll be fantastic :)

* looking into that pcb
** i also forgot you're purchasing from the UK.

Lutfij

Titan
sorry for double post, the only ones that come to mind are the 5770/5850/5870 vapor-x's that had shortened pcb's and they were the worst of any made cards. Sapphire had to recall almost all their cards after the shortened pcb failed on them.

like I said, getting a reference pcb'd vers is much easier to integrate into a full cover block. EK and other block makers usually sign up to make full cover blocks, but when customer demands seem heavy on their wallets(for manufacturing+profits), they scrap the idea.

jaywald

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012

I only found 2 places selling the reference design, one of which was £240 (too expensive) and the other was on a website called Mavit which I've never seen before and don't quite trust because of the cheap price and unprofessional look. What do you think?

Mavit: http://www.mavit.co.uk/amd-radeon-hd-7850-oem---2-gb-gddr5---pci-express-30-amd-hd7850-amd-hd7850-take-your-pc-experienc-117410-p.asp

jaywald

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012
Cancel that, after ages of searching on Amazon I found it! At £200 it's a little more than I wanted to spend but hey.

jaywald

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012
On the EK cooling configurator it shows some full cover blocks for many variations of the 7850 but they all greyed out, I'm guessing this means they are not released so I'll just wait.

jaywald

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012

I may go for a 6950 instead, it's not as good as a 7850 but it has water blocks. What do you think?