Sign in with
Your question

Looking For An AM3 Mobo

Last response: in Motherboards
August 1, 2010 11:26:02 PM

Hello all,
I am looking for a motherboard for a Phenom II X4 965 cpu and GTX 460 1GB gpu. I'd like something without a history of problems (this is my first build), able to utilize SLI for a second gtx 460 in the future possibly, able to OC in the future, and would like to have surround sound in the future (this isn't a huge priority though). As far as any other options I'm not really sure what I need and what I don't.

I scouted out a few possibilities... but there are so many choices I'm really stuck! This is one that seemed to stick out plus I got a -$25.00 combo deal for it plus the amd x4 on newegg....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128441

The main thing I'm interested in mostly is it's "future proof quality" I'm aware there is no such thing.... but I think you all know what I'm trying to get at... Would like to spend the extra bucks now instead of more later.... but a cheap mobo that will do the job is pretty enticing to me so I guess it really comes down to opinions...

would appreciate any of your help!

More about : am3 mobo

a c 234 V Motherboard
August 2, 2010 2:16:40 AM

If you are wanting to run SLI with two GTX 460's, you have two options... 1) Get one of these boards Newegg 980a Comparison or 2) Switch your build to an Intel Core i5-750 & ASUS P7P56D-E Pro build.

The motherboard you listed is only Crossfire capable, so it won't run SLI.
!