Sign in with
Your question

Computers

Last response: in CPUs
March 13, 2010 5:52:55 PM

Hi all ,
I am gonna buy a laptop shortly. HP , Dell and THOSHIBA are in my list..and i prefer HP more..all of these are coming eithere with core 2 duo or i3. and 2.2 ghz ..with 3 gb ram.
All these are priced around US$940 but dell is bit cheaper and offer 4Gb ram too..
I thin i ll be using the unit more for gaming than working on it..
So now please assist me choosing a good one based on the processor , the company and the pricing..and for gaming too :p 

Thank u ...

More about : computers

a c 133 à CPUs
March 13, 2010 5:58:24 PM

Well the I3 would be your best choice but if you want the laptop for gaming the video card is more of the determining factor here in your decision.
March 13, 2010 6:10:54 PM

+1 to saaiello

If you're looking at gaming, the graphics is by far and away the determining factor for two main reasons:

1) they tend to be lower performance than dekstop counterparts to begin with (and you pay a bigger premium)

2) They generally cannot be upgraded meaning you're stuck with it untill you replace the laptop - so an adequate laptop GPU now may mean you need a whole new laptop in 6 months just to play modern games.

Is there any reason it needs to be a laptop? have you considered a small form factor (SFF) pc or a 'lan-party' type pc? In many situations they're almost as easy to take to a friends house as a laptop, plus $-for-$ youll get better performance and more upgradability than a laptop.
!