Sign in with
Your question

Cant install window 7 on GA-X58A-UD3r

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 2, 2010 3:18:57 AM

Help Please...?
I can not install window 7 on my brand new GA-X58A-UD3R BOX. I am not trying to set up RAID or thing..., just a single WD Caviar Black as my main IDE and a SATA optical drive.
I am stuck at the step where windows wants to install to the hard disk(WD 10000LSRTL) but it's missing a driver.
WD's website claims that their drive is natively supported by window 7.

Any idea why this is happening....?
Thanks in advane
a c 216 V Motherboard
August 2, 2010 6:05:55 AM

Which SATA port do you have the hard disk drive connected to? A port on the Intel ICH10R or the Marvell 9128 or the GIGABYTE SATA2 chip?

What is the SATA Control Mode set to? IDE or AHCI?
m
l
a c 716 V Motherboard
August 2, 2010 4:59:20 PM

If I am "seeing" this correctly you have installed the primary HHD on the IDE and not the SATA ports? I would suggest that you disconnect everything except the minimum to run your system, restart into BIOS and "Load Optimized" (don't modify anything else), Exit & Save...Restart.
m
l
Related resources
a c 216 V Motherboard
August 2, 2010 5:46:44 PM

I don't see how the WD10000LSRTL hard disk drive that has a Serial ATA-300 interface can be installed on the IDE port.

When running a SATA device in AHCI mode you require an AHCI driver for the chipset/SATA controller chip that the SATA device is connected to.
m
l
a c 716 V Motherboard
August 2, 2010 5:54:15 PM

I didn't bother to check {read the OP info} --- Doesn't change any of my suggestions. The AHCI BIOS can be changed at anytime; fine make (1) ONE change to the initial BIOS ~ Integrated Peripherals -> ICH SATA Control Mode = [AHCI].
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
!