ringelos

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
My computer recently fell and suddenly stopped working. I checked around and found out if you take off the cpu power connector(4 pin) the computer will boot with all fans at full speed but will not post or make any beep on the speakers. What is the problem here????? Please help it would be appreciated.

Hmm where to start with this. Well did you make sure everything was seated properly especially the ram and cpu, alsomake sure all power connections are tight.

"I checked around and found out if you take off the cpu power connector(4 pin) the computer will boot with all fans at full speed but will not post or make any beep on the speakers."

Are you saying you did this and nothing turned on?

ringelos

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009

Everything was seated properly and all power connectors are in place. When the CPU 4pin connector was in nothing turned on except a small turn in the fans and the motherboard LED doing a quick flash. When it was out everything booted up with fans at full speed but did not post anything on the monitor.

ringelos

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009

Yes but I don't think that's the problem, it seems to supply power to all the components while booted without cpu power connector in.

ibemad

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
What kind of heatsink do you have on there? If it's stock is it intel or amd? I'd hate to think what happened to the poor cpu die and surrounding motherboard if you had one of those huge aftermarket cpu coolers on there...

wgrin

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010

OK, many people are probably asking the same question. Is the bolded selection above the problem you are having? Saying that your computer has suddenly stopped working is very vague. Please elaborate

If this is the case, it could be various things, for example:

When the computer fell, something on the motherboard could have been pulled lose or thrown out of place (CPU, Capacitors, Resistors)

If this happens there could be a short and signals are not being transferred properly.

The power supply, this could be the problem.

Just because the power supply is plugged in properly, does not means it works fine, power supplies fail all the time. All the fans could be turning on but that one cable running to the MB may not be working.

Hope this helps :D

randomkid

Distinguished

What happens when you put the 4PIN power connector and turn on the computer?

ringelos

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009

Im currently in the proccess of RMAing my mobo and cpu, and if thats not the problem maybe your right and it's the PSU. Maan these RMAs are a PITA

randomkid

Distinguished

Okay. I hope you are able to RMA it even if it "fell". If there is no physical damage that the RMA people will see, then its good for you... Just to keep the thread lively while you are in process of RMA, how did it fell in the first place and from how high?

ringelos

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009

It was on the bare hardwood floor, and it fell because i accidentally kicked it. Ive checked around for a good hour and there wasn't any physical damage btw