HIgh Temperature Reading

scotts_90

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
Just finished my first build. Machine booted fine and Win 7 pro 64 bit installed fine. When I run CPUID HWMonitor I get a very high reading under the ITE IT87 - Temperatures reading.

There are 3 readings under this catagory:
TMPIN0 - 32 C (89F) [0x1F]
TMPIN1 - 34 C (93F) [0x20]
TMPIN2 - 108 C (244F) [0x7C]

What is this temperature reading for? And it sounds way high.

There are also some negative voltage readings under the same heading. Is this normal?

Thanks for the help

Mobo - Asrock X58 Extreme
CPU - Core I7 920
GPU - GTX 260
PSU - Corsair HX1000W
RAM - 3x2 GB OCZ PC3 12800

Core Temperatures avg 38 C idle and 55 C at full load

GPU temp avg 38 C

Have you tried other temp software, like speedfan? How about the BIOS, what are the readings there?

You can expect the temp for your video card to be the highest reading you see, typically 45C -55C idle up to 90C loaded.

I would download speedfan and seee what readings you get and compare.

I also recommend downloading the latest version of Rivatuner for a more accurate tuning and monitoring of your graphics card temperatures.

Here's a link for rivatuner at 3d guru:
http://www.guru3d.com/category/rivatuner/

They also have a comprehensive guidde to get the most outta rivatuner.

scotts_90

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
So I downloaded speed fan and it showed the same temperature readings. On the speedfan website it indicated that extremely high temperature readings could be a result of a sensor that was not used by the mobo maufacturer. Plus, sometimes when I start HWMonitor it does not even register the Temperature2 reading.

I got an infered thermometer from work and checked every inch of the mobo as well as the NB, SB and GPU and all the reading were around 100F-115F. My system seems to be stable, the temperature is very constant when running realtemp and prime95. Windows 7 64 bit has not crashed.

Not sure what else I can do.

Any other suggestions?