Suggestions on Fans for positive pressure

trickynick

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
First, I'm looking at these fans:
1 of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103052
5 of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103077

Are these good fans, could I just go with 2 or 3 packs of the 4 in 1 pack?

My system:
AMD Phonom II X4 955
16 GB RAM
XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT)
2 HDDs (WD Green Drives)
1 DVD-Writer

I have a problem with insects (ants and such) and dust from getting into case. I know this won't stop the insects completely, but hoping it'll at least help a little.

Any suggestions?

Oh yeah, almost forgot, my case is a CM690 II Advanced.
Picture of fan placement can be found on CM's website here: http://www.coolermaster.com/upload/product_feature/CM690II-Adv_02.jpg (didn't want to steal bandwidth so only showing URL).

drums101

Distinguished
if you are looking for just positive pressure it wouldnt matter what type of fan you get as long as you have more air coming in then going out....more fans that intake air then fans that exhaust air...in this case you would have the rear fan as exhaust the top two as exhaust and the front and bottom two as intake....also the side panel fan as intake.....the setup that I described might not have enough pressure difference to really create positive pressure in the case...if you put lower cfm fans in the exhaust it should help

So this is a continuation of your previous post? I don't think that positive air pressure is the answer to your ant problem and if you haven't tried the pepper yet to keep the ants out then either that or the screens will work better than positive air pressure. The only thing positive air pressure will do is keep the heat inside your case and in order to remove the heat you need more air being exausted from your case than is coming in. The only thing that will keep the ants out of your case is pest control not air control.

drums101

Distinguished
lol yea I know I tried to show sarcasm with the haha but its hard over type lol......what will also keep ants out is a healthy dose of ant spray around your pc and room. dead ants cant crawl their way into you pc

I was refering to the other post just above mine that didn't mention the ants at all just the dust.

mrbeanladen

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012

thats the reason why i have so many fly bits all over my pc
I have a fly problem, some little flies the size of fruit flies but they look like very tiny "pills", like flat cilinders.
Once 2 of them landed on my lcd and took a *** on the screen... a black spot appeared on the monitor... Wish I could get rid of them...

CrestfallenDesign

Honorable
May 2, 2012
The small bugs that are attracted to the light of your monitor? i used to get them. they can get in through your fly mesh and the space between your lightbulb and roof i used to only get them at night and what i did was when i came home from work i'd close my windows and as it got darker you close your door and turn the light off in your room. that way whatever's floating around in your house looking for a light to buzz around wont see the light coming through the cracks in your door. also you can get a fly spray that leaves a white line that acts as a barrier and can work for up to a month or so just spray it in the cracks around your light bulb and you should be set. as for the ants, you shouldnt have ants in your house in the first place lol find out where theyre coming from outside the house and eliminate their option to enter. it'd suck to have to put up with the smell of dead ants while your working or playing games id imagine..

(edit)
and F#&K having a venus flytrap sitting next to you snapping its mought at random times, if theyre anything like the ones on super mario ill have none of that. haha