Compaq Presario R3240US, higher resolution than advertised?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
July 22, 2004 3:08:53 PM

Every add I see for this model states 1280 X 800. I bought this 3
days ago and I have 1680 X 1050 resolution. (It truly is 1680 X 1050
as I have a different laptop in the office with that exact same
resolution).

What gives? Every web site including compaq / hp website list it at
1280 X 800. Even the box it came in lists 1280 X 800. Did they put a
'wrong' display on the one I got?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 29, 2004 2:33:52 AM

On 22 Jul 2004 11:08:53 -0700, mark575757@mailcity.com (mark) wrote:

>Every add I see for this model states 1280 X 800. I bought this 3
>days ago and I have 1680 X 1050 resolution. (It truly is 1680 X 1050
>as I have a different laptop in the office with that exact same
>resolution).
>
>What gives? Every web site including compaq / hp website list it at
>1280 X 800. Even the box it came in lists 1280 X 800. Did they put a
>'wrong' display on the one I got?

FWIW I just bought an HP ZV5255US yesterday and ran across the same
thing. The demo model had the higher resolution, and when I opened
mine at home, it also had the1680x1050 screen.
All I can say is, don't knock it.

BTW How do you like your Compaq so far?
August 2, 2004 5:21:49 PM

Love the laptop. The speed and power are very nice, but the best is
the high definition screen.

So far so good. It feels much more sturdy than my old laptop.
!