Sign in with
Your question

Frequency Ratio Setting

Last response: in Components
March 14, 2010 12:15:25 AM

I have a DFI TA64B Dual Motherboard (Both Slot 1 & Slot 370). I recently purchased a PIII 1.4 GHz/512/133 1.45 CPU using the Slot 370 option. I'm trying to obtain the proper Frequency Ratio using the SW2 swith On/Off settings. In the Manual for the Motherboard concerning the SW2 setting notes: The frequency ratio of some processors shown in the table may have been locked by the mnufacture, ie., 7x, 7.5x and 8x). If you are using this kind of processor (933Mhs, 1Ghz, 1.067Ghz or above) the setting an extended ratio (using SW2) will have no effect. The system will instead use its factory default setting.

It goes on th say "The frequency ratio of processors greater than 8x has been locked by the manufacture an will no longer have the flexibility of using extended ratios. Therfore, the system will use the processor's factory default ratio. It appears that if you can unlock the manufacture's motherboard and get a good update pertaining to the Frequency ratio, I can use my new 1.4 PIII CPU????????

Question: Are there updates to the frequency ratio for CPU greater than 8x and what are they and where can I find the CPU's processor's factory default??

Note: I recently downloaded an updated Frequency Ratio table - set if for 1.4 CPU - No luck.

Any assistance would be most helpful - Thanks in advance.

Email address: charlesmenges1@comcast.net
March 14, 2010 6:11:16 PM

I have a DFI TA64B Dual Motherboard (Both Slot 1 & Slot 370). I recently purchased a PIII 1.4 GHz/512/133 1.45 CPU using the Slot 370 option. I'm trying to obtain the proper Frequency Ratio using the SW2 swith On/Off settings. In the Manual for the Motherboard concerning the SW2 setting notes: The frequency ratio of some processors shown in the table may have been locked by the mnufacture, ie., 7x, 7.5x and 8x). If you are using this kind of processor (933Mhs, 1Ghz, 1.067Ghz or above) the setting an extended ratio (using SW2) will have no effect. The system will instead use its factory default setting.

It goes on th say "The frequency ratio of processors greater than 8x has been locked by the manufacture an will no longer have the flexibility of using extended ratios. Therfore, the system will use the processor's factory default ratio. It appears that if you can unlock the manufacture's motherboard and get a good update pertaining to the Frequency ratio, I can use my new 1.4 PIII CPU????????

Question: Are there updates to the frequency ratio for CPU greater than 8x and what are they and where can I find the CPU's processor's factory default??

Note: I recently downloaded an updated Frequency Ratio table - set if for 1.4 CPU - No luck.

Any assistance would be most helpful - Thanks in advance.

Email address: charlesmenges1@comcast.net
m
l
!