Will this memory work with this mobo? Please help?

nish-ka-bibble

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
I thought it might work better with the Evga than the ASUS P6t because the P6T says it requires 1333 to get 1600OC. So what does that mean for 1600 ram? Does it mean it goes down to 1333 and then I have to overclock it to get to 1600? Can't I get any faster than that? The EVGA classy says it accepts 1600, so I don't have to overclock to get 1600. i wonder if I can overclock on evga to get faster times...

Also, is there a way to check to make sure that the ASUs will accept this brand name of memory?

I was also looking at the p6x5d-E, but didn't know if the P6T was better.

I plan to build a gaming rig with dual 5870's with eyefinity.

Suggestions?

The P6X58D-E is much better and more new or u also can check the Gigabyte X58A-UD3R that is very good too.

Yeah, 1600 OC means that u need OC the RAM for get that speed but in ur case iwht that RAM isn't a really OC since ur RAM is rated for that speed u only need change the specs in the BIOS for the correct ones for the RAM.

nish-ka-bibble

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
Yeah, I saw that Gigabyte rise from $190 to $209 with Newegg over the weekend...strange.

So maybe I'll check out the p6x58d-e instead. I was going to see if I could grab it a bit cheaper....

So that RAM is good RAM, right?