Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Is Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P The best MB?

Last response: in Motherboards
August 2, 2010 3:32:00 PM

Hello guys
I was trying to build up some new computer with some new features like the following
1-processor :p henom: II X4 925 3.0 GHz, 8MB
2-ram :Kingston 2GB DDR3 bus 1333MHz CL9
3-VGA :SAPPHIRE HD 5670 1GB GDDR5
4-hd :Western Digital 1000 gb
So i am looking for some good motherboard that has some remarkable features and with reasonable price that can give the best performance with all the features above i can say i am thinking of (MSI 790GX-G65) but some adviced me with (Gigabyte MA790XT-USP3) but i am not sure if its good or not specially i have bad experience with this type before with my (Intel-Nividia) family and some adviced me with (Asus M4A79XTD EVO/USP3) but lots of the people who used it or have experience with it warn me to use any of Asus Boards specially with (AMD-ATI)Family
i am not sure what to do and i want you here please to advice me of the best choice of what i stated before and i am sure you will help me and give me the best of all
BTW is it useful to get MB with USP3 ports or its not important this days or what ??
Thanks to you all in advance

More about : gigabyte ma790xt ud4p

a c 715 V Motherboard
August 2, 2010 5:30:37 PM

No MOBO exists without "some" bizarre issues. Personally, I prefer either the Gigabyte or ASUS. I wouldn't get a MOBO w/"USB 3" w/o SATA 3.

There is "current use" vs. "future use" ~ e.g. Cross-Fire, USB 3, SATA 3, expansion, etc ~ therefore ALL of these need to be accounted for in YOUR decision.

My thoughts are "for myself" ~ spending more than a basic MOBO for AMD vs. X58 Intel doesn't compute. I'd rather get an X58 MOBO w/o USB 3, etc and get an I7 920/{930}.

footnote: I would STRONGLY recommend that ALL components w/whichever MOBO will WORK; (e.g. 1. I would look at supported {Part Number} RAM, 2. Google X-"MOBO" + Y-"COMPONENT" + PROBLEM)

Starting point - http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/overclock-cpu-gpu,2...
August 2, 2010 5:54:10 PM

jaquith said:
No MOBO exists without "some" bizarre issues. Personally, I prefer either the Gigabyte or ASUS. I wouldn't get a MOBO w/"USB 3" w/o SATA 3.

There is "current use" vs. "future use" ~ e.g. Cross-Fire, USB 3, SATA 3, expansion, etc ~ therefore ALL of these need to be accounted for in YOUR decision.

My thoughts are "for myself" ~ spending more than a basic MOBO for AMD vs. X58 Intel doesn't compute. I'd rather get an X58 MOBO w/o USB 3, etc and get an I7 920/{930}.

footnote: I would STRONGLY recommend that ALL components w/whichever MOBO will WORK; (e.g. 1. I would look at supported {Part Number} RAM, 2. Google X-"MOBO" + Y-"COMPONENT" + PROBLEM)

Starting point - http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/overclock-cpu-gpu,2...

Thank you so much for this detailed experienced opinion about my problem and i really feel appreciate your opinion and wish all the people read my post have the same advanced thoughts like you do to give me the best answers about this but i have one more thing
Why you didn't took MSI in account ?? and what is the comparison from your p.o.v between Giga and Asus ?? and what do you think is the affective features i should took in consideration about the future use i mean USB3 or SATA3 or what as you are experienced user and you should used all of them and have a good perception about them all ??
Thanks a lot to you and wish to be friends and always be in contact
Related resources
a c 715 V Motherboard
August 2, 2010 6:06:58 PM

I have had more issues with MSI than any other MOBO ; maybe bad luck.

First, there are very few USB 3 devices ; second there are tons of current uses for USB 2, Firewire, eSATA, etc. Next, SATA 3 ~ unless you are looking for a VERY high-end SSD (2-3 on market > SATA 2 @ 300 Mb/s), then SATA 3 makes no sense, and unless you have ALL high-end components to COMPLIMENT the SATA 3 speeds then you are wasting money.

Strong Recommendations:
1. Determine your PRIMARY use (Gaming, Home, Office)
2. Use Excel {spreadsheet} ; List ALL of your components in at least (3) options ; SUM the totals

Price Description Place Link Component Notes

3. Read Reviews
4. Read MOBO "approved components e.g. RAM"
5. Price them at Newegg or TigerDirect ; look for REBATES + BUNDLES
6. Google each components + {MOBO} + Problem ~ note: ALL components have "some" issue.
August 2, 2010 10:43:41 PM

jaquith said:
I have had more issues with MSI than any other MOBO ; maybe bad luck.

First, there are very few USB 3 devices ; second there are tons of current uses for USB 2, Firewire, eSATA, etc. Next, SATA 3 ~ unless you are looking for a VERY high-end SSD (2-3 on market > SATA 2 @ 300 Mb/s), then SATA 3 makes no sense, and unless you have ALL high-end components to COMPLIMENT the SATA 3 speeds then you are wasting money.

Strong Recommendations:
1. Determine your PRIMARY use (Gaming, Home, Office)
2. Use Excel {spreadsheet} ; List ALL of your components in at least (3) options ; SUM the totals

Price Description Place Link Component Notes

3. Read Reviews
4. Read MOBO "approved components e.g. RAM"
5. Price them at Newegg or TigerDirect ; look for REBATES + BUNDLES
6. Google each components + {MOBO} + Problem ~ note: ALL components have "some" issue.

First of all i would like to Thank you so much for your fast reply and the effective interaction with me and i really feel lots of knowledge and valuable info with every word you write to me in here beside you gave me the best way to begin my search in scientific manner to determine what i really want beside you answered my questions in simple and decisive way the helped me a lot to know what way i should take thank you again so much

Second my primary use is Gaming specially the new games like dragon age:o rigins and Assassin Creed II and so much games that i want my board to support and last for long time without i feel a few months that my board or any of the above features not capable for supporting it and BTW the above features beside this MOBO is what i can afford of budget i know its a little cheap but it will get me a quite good things doesn't she ?

Thirdly what is your problems with you in MSI and what is advantages you find in Gigabyte that overcome those problems ? and do you have some links that i can see some comparison between advs or problems between all kind of MOBOs ? i read Asus have problems in power distribution and Gigabyte have problems in Sound cards what is true about that ??

finally the finale thing i found in your directions for me to search for the good MOBO that when i use google and read reviews i am not sure from where to begin beside most of the users who i read for not all so experienced like you to give a reliable decision about what they have or the advs or Disadvs about any component so i would like if you recommend to me some sites that i can use for better and reliable reviews and have lots of high tech people that can help me by their answers to questions or reviews .

so sorry to make it long and i will really feel so happy that you replied on me
a c 715 V Motherboard
August 3, 2010 1:27:51 PM

The "biggest" question that I have is -- what is your TOTAL BUDGET?? This determines everything! Otherwise I am giving you generalities ~ "which car is the best - no budget Bugatti Veyron 16.4"

The expenditure priority for your {Gaming} rig should be as follows:
1. GPU (MINIMUMS: $230 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1GB ; ATI Radeon HD 5830 1GB ; Direct X11)
2. CPU
3. HDD/SSD (MINIMUMS: 1TB/7200/32Mb Cache SATA II)
4. MOBO
5. RAM (MINIMUMS: 2x2GB -> 3x2GB X58)
6. PSU (MINIMUMS: 700 Watt ~ single rail is best typically) ; Japanese capacitors (e.g. mid level ~ Corsair)
7. CPU Fan
8. USB Keyboard + USB Mouse {don't use wireless}
9. Sound Card {optional}
10. Headphones

Tomshardware ; Overclockers ; Extremeoverclocking (.com) are very good resources.

Your Q&As:
MSI ~ "I've" had too many DOA boards, and they were a pain to get a "stable" OC. ASUS & Gigabyte are fine ~ there are more "problems" with their mid-end "swiss army knife" boards and less with their high-end ; equipment w/o good power management.
a c 715 V Motherboard
August 3, 2010 1:35:42 PM

@zipzoomflyhigh - Jaquith ~ 2x2GB = 4 GB ; 3x2GB = 6GB! {OP ~ 2-ram :Kingston 2GB DDR3 = 4GB} BTW - I've been suggesting X58 all along ; I "personally" don't like AMD for a gaming rig, and I agree HD 5670...isn't strong enough.
August 3, 2010 3:07:06 PM

jaquith said:
The "biggest" question that I have is -- what is your TOTAL BUDGET?? This determines everything! Otherwise I am giving you generalities ~ "which car is the best - no budget Bugatti Veyron 16.4"

The expenditure priority for your {Gaming} rig should be as follows:
1. GPU (MINIMUMS: $230 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1GB ; ATI Radeon HD 5830 1GB ; Direct X11)
2. CPU
3. HDD/SSD (MINIMUMS: 1TB/7200/32Mb Cache SATA II)
4. MOBO
5. RAM (MINIMUMS: 2x2GB -> 3x2GB X58)
6. PSU (MINIMUMS: 700 Watt ~ single rail is best typically) ; Japanese capacitors (e.g. mid level ~ Corsair)
7. CPU Fan
8. USB Keyboard + USB Mouse {don't use wireless}
9. Sound Card {optional}
10. Headphones

Tomshardware ; Overclockers ; Extremeoverclocking (.com) are very good resources.

Your Q&As:
MSI ~ "I've" had too many DOA boards, and they were a pain to get a "stable" OC. ASUS & Gigabyte are fine ~ there are more "problems" with their mid-end "swiss army knife" boards and less with their high-end ; equipment w/o good power management.

Thanks for this amazing components you gave me but what if i told you that i only can afford what i mentioned above as i only can build a computer with budget around 500 or 600 $ at max and can't get much higher so you think that's not enough for playing the games in the market now specially those ones i mentioned earlier ??
August 3, 2010 3:11:24 PM

Quote:
If your gaming, you certainly need 4gb of ram, not 2gb and a 5670 is sure to give you a less than stellar gaming experience. lol

I also do not think the X4 925 is the best cpu you can get for the money.

Motherboard choice (770/790XT/790GX,etc) depends on your uses and whether you need crossfire or not.

Seriously, you should start over with this build. Post in the "new build section" of the homebuilt forum. Answer the questions in the pre-filled form (budget, uses, etc) and we can help you decide what's best for you.

I stated above the components i can afford because my higher budget is 500 or 600$ at max and i found those components are a quite good price and give me the performance i want specially in a game like AC II but if you can build me another system with highest more than this with the same budget then i will totally grateful for you and if you can't so you can please tell me what is your opinon about the MOBO i talked above which one do you think it suites me in Games purposes Asus or Gigabyte or MSI ??
Thanks for you to reply and i really appreciate it
August 3, 2010 3:14:51 PM

jaquith said:
@zipzoomflyhigh - Jaquith ~ 2x2GB = 4 GB ; 3x2GB = 6GB! {OP ~ 2-ram :Kingston 2GB DDR3 = 4GB} BTW - I've been suggesting X58 all along ; I "personally" don't like AMD for a gaming rig, and I agree HD 5670...isn't strong enough.

Why you suggest X58 what is so special on it ?
beside why you don't like AMD for gaming?
and what is the proper substantial for 5670 but in the budget range of 500 $ with the previous components or at least you can build me a good computer with the budget and higher components ?
Thank you so much Jaquith for being so much in help and support and i really appreciate it so much
God bless you
a c 177 V Motherboard
August 3, 2010 3:32:34 PM

The main thing the X chipsets have going for them is more PCIe lanes; the P55's can do a pair of X8 slots; the X58's can do two full X16 slots. This is only an issue if you are using 'top-of-the-line' graphics cards, as the vast majority of the stuff out there cannot physically exceed the X8 bandwidth limit. From the ATI side, I'd guess the only cards that would 'care about' X8 vs X16 are the 5850, the 5870, and the monster 5950; from the nVidia side, maybe a GTX-285, likely a 295, and definitely the GTX-470 & 480...
a c 715 V Motherboard
August 3, 2010 5:47:02 PM

With your budget - http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cpu-gpu-overclock,2...

Use ALL remaining money and place into your GPU or RAM; GPU 1st! Add RAM later.

Yes, the X58 offers the 16x lanes, better DDR3, supports high(er)-end Gaming rigs, and more. However, it is all about the $$; crazier people than me build $15K+ rigs beyond X58 w/dual Xeon. :ouch: 
a c 715 V Motherboard
August 3, 2010 6:46:41 PM

@zipzoomflyhigh - "Initially" I thought you were criticizing my 2x and 3x ; posted ; and corrected. The OP stated "2-ram :Kingston 2GB" ~ Apparently, I misread the OP as meaning 4GB total; my error! Yep, "better" 3-channel DDR3 vs 2-channel. Yeah, there's no (zero) question X58 is better than AMD for gaming.

And IF you can read my "," commas X58 ~ supports high(er)-end Gaming rigs.

And, just because an OP states HD 5XXX Budgets can sway to HD 5YYY ; OP offered no budget initially so your guess is as good as mine. The Tom's rig has a 5770 which still keeps the OP in budget and for the purposes as stated "Gaming." BTW-the link I already provided was a $545 rig + OS cost.

LOL You! Dude. :lol: 

Best solution

a c 715 V Motherboard
August 3, 2010 9:25:33 PM

Another Build - http://www.hardware-revolution.com/600-gaming-build

While the CPU is important it isn't as important as the GPU.

Price Description Link Component
223.98 AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Quad 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache
0 OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) OCZ3P1333LV4GK
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

188.98 ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard
0 Microsoft Windows 7 Home 64BIT Operating System Software - OEM DVD

224.98 XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP
0 XFX P1-650X-CAG9 650W ATX12V 2.2 / ESP12V 2.91 SLI & CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

74.99 HITACHI Deskstar HD31000 IDK/7K (0S00163) 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

39.99 COOLER MASTER Elite 330 RC-330-KKN1-GP Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

49.99 COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

19.99 ASUS Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X - 2MB Cache SATA 24X DVD Burner- OEM

-150 {no OS + no CPU Cooler}

August 3, 2010 11:30:09 PM

Quote:
You make absolutely no sense whatsoever. Either that or you can't read.

He said he had a $500-600 budget. I put him together a great gaming rig for that amount of money. I fail to see how a X58 setup is going to give him better gaming when he is going with a low end video card. X58 offers no gaming advantage over a AM3 rig except when your using more than 1 high end video card and that's only because the i7/i5 cpu's are faster, not because of the motherboard or triple channel ddr3. He is using a single low end video card and a AMD rig will game just as well as any X58/i7 rig in this scenario.

Please don't speak at me anymore, your annoying and you don't make any sense at all.

MR Zipzoomflyhig
First thank you for all valuable info that you gave to me about and i really have learnt a lot that i wasn't know
Second please don't attack mr jaquith for any reason or try to give him less respect for his own way to try to help me
i respect you both and i opened that discussion just for helping me and finding me some way to get the best gaming pc
with less price and was happy with both of you with all you both told me about and i wish i and you and him as well be good friends and i feel it such an honor to know people like you too and am happy to go to this site and open my post just to get to know you guys
Thanks to both of you and please let us not to get mad one to another for anything and let us just to be friends and love each other OK
God bless you two
a c 715 V Motherboard
August 4, 2010 12:14:06 AM

@zipzoomflyhigh - Ditto ; try top to bottom - X58 mentioned B4 any Budget established. "Your $552 system has NO PSU (power supply), NO DVD, NO CASE ~ 100% USELESS."

Again, I provided (2) systems within $600 budget, plus (3RD) barely over budget, but 100% complete. However, sometimes $50-$75 can be between "Okay" and a solid "Good" system.
August 4, 2010 12:56:26 AM

jaquith said:
@zipzoomflyhigh - Ditto ; try top to bottom - X58 mentioned B4 any Budget established. "Your $552 system has NO PSU (power supply), NO DVD, NO CASE ~ 100% USELESS."

Again, I provided (2) systems within $600 budget, plus (3RD) barely over budget, but 100% complete. However, sometimes $50-$75 can be between "Okay" and a solid "Good" system.

Thank you so much for your support and all the great systems and compnents you provided me with and i really enjoyed you guys debate and learn a lot from both of you
but i want to ask you couple questions please
1- which do you prefer as a MOBOa Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P or Asus M4A79XTD EVO with all the features in Asus from ASUS Power Solutions:
- ASUS New-Gen. 8+2 Phase Power Design
- ASUS Anti-Surge Protection
ASUS Green Design:
- EPU
Express Gate
ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution:
- ASUS Fanless Design: Stylish heat-sink solution
- ASUS Q-Fan2
ASUS EZ DIY:
- ASUS Q-Shield
- ASUS Q-Connector
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
- ASUS O.C. Profile
- ASUS EZ Flash 2
without consideration to the budget above so don't tell me to stick to the money i am looking for the best performance of both of them ?
2-which could be a higher resolution ATI Radeon HD 4700 or ATI Sapphire HD 5670 ?? i am really confused which is higher some people told me 4700 is higher and some told me that 5xxx is absolutely higher no matter the number beside 4 so what's right and what's wrong ??
Thank you again for your kindly patience and persistence on reading my questions and answering them and happy you are there for me to support and i really don't wish to end it of with you and i am sorry if i push you too mush with my questions
a c 715 V Motherboard
August 4, 2010 1:42:24 AM

For the last AMD system that I built for a friend I used an ASUS, and 5 years later it's still working fine. In part, I suggest you NOT use any "add-on" MOBO software, as above; instead load the required drivers only. Less = More.

Resolution "size" is a limit of your monitor (really old CRT's not so much), therefore typically really large resolutions are needed when using multiple monitors. Always set you monitor to its default. Regarding 4700 or 5670 I've had no first-hand use of either, but in ALL of the builds you'll notice the HD 5770 which I know provides good game play @ high settings (most games) and is very good for a single monitor HD ~ 1920 x 1080 (~22"~24" monitors). You REALLY want/need a Direct X 11 GPU...

BTW - the ASUS I referenced can CF (Cross-Fire) the HD 5770 ~ approximating X2 is benchmarks, so there's expandability.
a c 715 V Motherboard
August 4, 2010 3:35:07 AM

Gotta be ADHD or OCD or something.
August 4, 2010 11:33:33 PM

Quote:
He listed cpu, ram, hdd, video card and motherboard. Why would I include psu, dvd, and case?? LOL

I also mentioned if he had a use for crossfire at a later date, I would suggest a different board for the same price. Guess you failed reading comprehension yet again. I'm done with you, your like an annoying gnat.

What is that MOBO you suggested ??
August 4, 2010 11:34:14 PM

jaquith said:
Gotta be ADHD or OCD or something.

What ADHD or OCD stands for ?
August 4, 2010 11:39:09 PM

jaquith said:

The MOBO you suggested is Asus but i was thinking in Asus M4A79XTD Evo ?
What do you think of it and do you see it can beat the Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P ?
I see that Asus or MSI is listed in low budget computer building and afraid it will give me low performance
BTW do you thin Sapphire 5750 HD 1 GB GDDR5 is better than 4800 HD and why is that ??
sorry i know i ask stupid questions but still don't know how 4 series can beat 5 series if 4XXX is higher than 5YYY ??
Thank you so much for your help and support and sorry again for this stupid questions
a c 715 V Motherboard
August 5, 2010 1:42:04 PM

MOBO ~ just by performance alone ~ the differences are typically negligible. Features, quality and power are the "selling points."

Any "beating" will be from a combined effort of your CPU, GPU, and RAM ; the MOBOs part is (much smaller) ease + stability of OC ~ plus if you only use a stock CPU fan your are very limited w/your OC because of overheating.

Why is one GPU faster than another ~ in short, its ability to process data quicker and "better ~ quality" than another. As "I asked" and you replied "Gaming" then that triggers me to suggest a system GPU biased ; therefore, some scarifies need to be made in the other components. However, the $672.90 was very balanced system w/ little sacrificing. If you look at my More Information | Member Configuration ~ the top selection (less the CF X2 5770) was a $1600 Business biased system (easily the $500 in SSD/HDD could have been used for a great GPU(s), etc.), and the second a higher-end Gaming w/a strict budget and all parts OC.
Here's a helpful article - http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-radeon-hd-ge...

Benchmarks - http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-5770,2446...

I still feel if you don't get the HD 5770 you will be making a mistake, and if you need to trim some money get a smaller HDD and reuse any components from an older system (case, DVD, PSU ~ if 500W+, etc).
a c 715 V Motherboard
August 5, 2010 2:07:07 PM

Just as a suggestion, you might want to checkout CyberPower PC - http://www.cyberpowerpc.com since they purchase components in bulk their systems are "near" cost of you building it yourself...
August 5, 2010 2:15:17 PM

jaquith said:
Just as a suggestion, you might want to checkout CyberPower PC - http://www.cyberpowerpc.com since they purchase components in bulk their systems are "near" cost of you building it yourself...

OK Thanks for all that justified answers and i finally get it in the matter of VGA and this stuff but sorry i have another question for you
What is the difference between 8+2 Phase Power Design or 8+1 Phase Power Design or 4+1 Phase Power Design
what they did used for
which one of them is the best
why ??
August 6, 2010 6:16:03 PM

jaquith said:
For the last AMD system that I built for a friend I used an ASUS, and 5 years later it's still working fine. In part, I suggest you NOT use any "add-on" MOBO software, as above; instead load the required drivers only. Less = More.

Resolution "size" is a limit of your monitor (really old CRT's not so much), therefore typically really large resolutions are needed when using multiple monitors. Always set you monitor to its default. Regarding 4700 or 5670 I've had no first-hand use of either, but in ALL of the builds you'll notice the HD 5770 which I know provides good game play @ high settings (most games) and is very good for a single monitor HD ~ 1920 x 1080 (~22"~24" monitors). You REALLY want/need a Direct X 11 GPU...

BTW - the ASUS I referenced can CF (Cross-Fire) the HD 5770 ~ approximating X2 is benchmarks, so there's expandability.

What is the difference between 8+2 Phase Power Design or 8+1 Phase Power Design or 4+1 Phase Power Design
what they did used for
which one of them is the best
why ??
That's what i read on the Asus Features and sorry that i didn't declared the answer very well
and thanks in advance jaquith for your patience and been much in a great help for me
God bless you
August 11, 2010 1:02:29 AM

maxpayne87 said:
What ADHD or OCD stands for ?

ADHD is Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder, similar to ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder).
OCD is Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, quite unrelated to ADD & ADHD and, IMO, not a reasonable diagnosis.
I think what he means to say is, there's something wrong with someone's ability to pay attention, understand, process the info, and fully and comprehend.
In about 90% of forum comments I read, there is some sort of "cognitive impairment" or interest in feuding, or horrible grammar or spelling, or the like.
BTW, 2 quick lessons, while I'm at it: "I went TO the store TO buy some milk. I was going to get TWO (2) but at TWO (2) dollars each, it was TOO expensive."
"They lost THEIR keys, I went THERE to help them, and now THEY'RE happy."
Also, let's try to yell less at immigrants about learning English, and say it to ourselves, 5 or 55 generations living in a country where English is the #1 language.
And please let's fight the erosion of words like "please", "thank you", "perhaps" and many others.
Thank you
August 21, 2010 12:58:09 AM

Best answer selected by maxpayne87.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 29, 2010 12:01:21 PM

I'm using the ud4p with a x4 955BE, and 2x2gb ocz ddr3 12800 Ram. I can hit 4ghz stable on cpu, 2.8ghz on northbridge, and the ram runs 8-8-8-21@1600 mhz single channel.
This is one of the best AMD mobo's I have ever overclocked on. The only reason I dont use it as my gaming rig is due to me having two gtx 275's, and to run them on this board in SLI I have to hack it, or use hacked drivers.
My Foxconn destroyer is the coolest board I have ever used, but sli boards dont overclock well.
The UD4P is the most stable board I have used, I have had experience with overclocking many boards, price vs quality go with Gigabyte UD4P

Crap, sorry for bumping a 3 month old thread
!