Jumpers ati3650 agp

bgd73

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
I noticed the card has two jumpers, one setting ntsc/pal, the other unknown, not labeled. What is it?

the card is Visiontek, supposedly, but it looks nothing like the pictures at purchase, it is a blue board versus red, the power connector was floppy driven, I heatshrunk the dainty wires hoping to help it out, and also, the heatsink is an accelero, very cool, I choose no fan. top temp is less than 50c...and for some reason, the usps guy who delivered it on a saturday was in civilian clothing...

anyway,card was missing top heatsink and had vaseline looking stuff all over it with finger prints included. Buy.com can go to hell.

Any pro generalization on the mystery jumper? it is rv635 chip, verified 725mhz. I have flashed the bios, the desktop was oscilating at 110mhz and less than a volt (WTF do they think they are saving with energy there exactly?) to 300mhz minimum, no probs. looks great now.

I was having a blurry font problem, and that usually means crud. so I cleaned connection, blew out the slot, and ran once with the mystery jumper one way, and now back to where it was when I got it. so far so good. I had to go back ten years to remember another weirdo card like it...(and it was also ati).
no docs, no nothing, for this card.
a quick non-babbled answer would be great. :wahoo: