New to watercooling, know nothing, help!

I'm getting a watercooling setup for my new pc. Thats a given. I'm sick of running hot temps on a loud pc. I need watercooling! My house is always like 28c (no ac) in the summer and air cooling is impractical. The thing is, I know nothing about watercooling. All I know is the parts (i think) but know nothing else. So here's a short list of what I plan on buying, note i'm going for a red and black theme with my new pc so these parts fit that deal.

PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Tubing 3/8"ID 1/2" OD with 1/16" Wall - UV Red (6 feet)

EK GeForce 670 GTX VGA Liquid Cooling Block 3/8 x 1/2 Compression fittings

IandH Silver KillCoils

Black Ice GT Stealth 360 Radiator with 3/8 x 1/2 Compression fittings

Bitspower Summit EF CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Intel LGA Series - Ice Red Acrylic with 3/8 x 1/2 Compression fittings

Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 150 Inline Reservoir - Ice Red with 3/8 x 1/2 Compression fittings

Swiftech MCP655-B 12v Water Pump w/ 3/8" Conversion Kit

3 corsair air series SP120 120mm static pressure fans (quiet fans)

So is this right? Is it everything? Will I be able to overclock a 3570 to 4.5GHz 30c idle 45c load? My budget is 500$ and this totals to 463$.
6 answers Last reply
More about watercooling nothing help
  1. okay, first I'll ask you hit up on the watercooling sticky for all the info you'll need and why watercooling may not be the right choice in your environment..

FYI - the sticky is located in my sig. Check it out.
  2. Why the Black Ice rad? This always is the first radiator that so many people select over other options for their first builds...odd.
  3. maybe its something with the naming, I know most people go :ouch: when the hear an Republic of gamers motherboard before saying its an ABC chip board.
  4. chirkk said:
    I'm getting a watercooling setup for my new pc. Thats a given. I'm sick of running hot temps on a loud pc. I need watercooling! My house is always like 28c (no ac) in the summer and air cooling is impractical. The thing is, I know nothing about watercooling. All I know is the parts (i think) but know nothing else. So here's a short list of what I plan on buying, note i'm going for a red and black theme with my new pc so these parts fit that deal.

PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Tubing 3/8"ID 1/2" OD with 1/16" Wall - UV Red (6 feet)

EK GeForce 670 GTX VGA Liquid Cooling Block 3/8 x 1/2 Compression fittings

IandH Silver KillCoils

Black Ice GT Stealth 360 Radiator with 3/8 x 1/2 Compression fittings

Bitspower Summit EF CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Intel LGA Series - Ice Red Acrylic with 3/8 x 1/2 Compression fittings

Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 150 Inline Reservoir - Ice Red with 3/8 x 1/2 Compression fittings

Swiftech MCP655-B 12v Water Pump w/ 3/8" Conversion Kit

3 corsair air series SP120 120mm static pressure fans (quiet fans)

So is this right? Is it everything? Will I be able to overclock a 3570 to 4.5GHz 30c idle 45c load? My budget is 500$ and this totals to 463$.

When you get down to it, at some point, every water cooled rig become air cooled. Now, a water cooled system has a greater thermal mass to heat up and is therefore slower to get to overheat, and the Rads are bigger than air cooled heat sinks& therefore more efficient at removing heat, but the Rads are still air cooled. Your ambient temp will affect the ability of your cooling system to keep your rig cool.
  5. Well I had 2x 240's and a 120mm rad setup for years on one video card, CPU, and motherboard. Stock settings no problems, clocked I could play about two to four hours before the system would get too hot to play anymore. I do not think that the 120mm did any good on the loop I do not think the water stays in them long enough to make a difference. I would suggest a good 420mm or 2x 360’s for clocked settings but one will work fine for stock settings.
  6. 240+ is the way to go and if you can accommodate it, a 360 should be standard for anyone watercooling.
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Compression Overclocking