New to watercooling, know nothing, help!

chirkk

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
I'm getting a watercooling setup for my new pc. Thats a given. I'm sick of running hot temps on a loud pc. I need watercooling! My house is always like 28c (no ac) in the summer and air cooling is impractical. The thing is, I know nothing about watercooling. All I know is the parts (i think) but know nothing else. So here's a short list of what I plan on buying, note i'm going for a red and black theme with my new pc so these parts fit that deal.

PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Tubing 3/8"ID 1/2" OD with 1/16" Wall - UV Red (6 feet)

EK GeForce 670 GTX VGA Liquid Cooling Block 3/8 x 1/2 Compression fittings

IandH Silver KillCoils

Black Ice GT Stealth 360 Radiator with 3/8 x 1/2 Compression fittings

Bitspower Summit EF CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Intel LGA Series - Ice Red Acrylic with 3/8 x 1/2 Compression fittings

Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 150 Inline Reservoir - Ice Red with 3/8 x 1/2 Compression fittings

Swiftech MCP655-B 12v Water Pump w/ 3/8" Conversion Kit

3 corsair air series SP120 120mm static pressure fans (quiet fans)

So is this right? Is it everything? Will I be able to overclock a 3570 to 4.5GHz 30c idle 45c load? My budget is 500$ and this totals to 463$.

When you get down to it, at some point, every water cooled rig become air cooled. Now, a water cooled system has a greater thermal mass to heat up and is therefore slower to get to overheat, and the Rads are bigger than air cooled heat sinks& therefore more efficient at removing heat, but the Rads are still air cooled. Your ambient temp will affect the ability of your cooling system to keep your rig cool.

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Well I had 2x 240's and a 120mm rad setup for years on one video card, CPU, and motherboard. Stock settings no problems, clocked I could play about two to four hours before the system would get too hot to play anymore. I do not think that the 120mm did any good on the loop I do not think the water stays in them long enough to make a difference. I would suggest a good 420mm or 2x 360’s for clocked settings but one will work fine for stock settings.