Computer wont Start

ryanrosco

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
ok first my computer spec's
CPU: 3.4Mhz AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor
Video Cards: Two 1 Gig RadeonHD 4890 (Crossfired)
Power Supply: 700W CoolerMaster SilentPro
Ram: 4 Gig's Kingston DDR3 1333Mhz (KVR1333D3K2)
Motherboard: Asus M4A79XTD EVO AM3

I start my computer up and it goes to the loading windows screen, After it starts loading for a min. Then the monitor shut's off and 1 of my video cards fan turns all the way up.
I got into windows once and it only showed one of my video cards working. No crossfire just one working.
I tried it a couple more times and It restarted my computer 1 time but generally the one video card fan goes to super high and then nothing else.

I am thinking Video Card , Motherboard or PSU does anyone know what this is

erikjansson

Distinguished
May 20, 2009

Try taking one of the video cards out and then run with only one gpu see if it works then.

Erik Jansson

ryanrosco

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
I took video card 2 out and put it in video card slot 1. The same thing happened. Then I switched them around in a couple different variations but.. I dont know what made me think of it but I disconnected the PCI express 6 pin power cable and put a standard 6 pin 1 there and with the one video card so far its running fine. I havent tried hooking up my other video card

So is this a PSU prob or a video card problem. Should I just RMA both

ryanrosco

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
Oh and 2 foolykooly yes there is indicator lights on them but they do the same thing they have been doing. They just flash a couple times when I turn thecomputer on. The Video Cards didnt come with any fancy manual or anything. So if it did flash me some codes I would have no idea what it would be. Also I now hooked both of the Vid card's back up. The computer turns on and everything but now the crossfire does not work. What do you guys think?