Cooler master fusion 400 vs tuniq tx 2

Cougarslow

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
Hi guys well tomorrow i will be getting 2 fans i ordered that i will push and pull on the evo 212 but i also ordered a tuniq tx 2 because i'm running low on my cooler master fusion 400 so i'm just wondering whats the best paste to use from the cooler master fusion 400 or the tuniq tx 2 and should i apply the paste the X or the grain of rice way this will be on a i5 2500k processor , Thanks .

Tuniq tx 2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=35-154-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835154003

Cooler master fusion 400

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103059

muhammadbinmehroze

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
COOLER MASTER 400:

The ThermalFusion syringe contains 4g of the interface material. As with most thermal paste manufacturers, the syringe is not full of the paste, but typically only the very end has any in it. Some brands do offer a larger 15g or more package, which usually is the same size tube, just with more of the paste inside. The applicator is thin and very flexible. Cooler Master lists the specifications as having a specific gravity of 3.5, thermal conductivity of 2.89, and thermal resistance of 0.032.
Usually I just use the end of the dispenser to dab small amounts of thermal paste randomly around the surface of the chip, however since Cooler Master thoughtfully included this applicator I opted to use it instead. The ThermalFusion 400 was somewhat difficult to spread due to its consistency. It did not want to go on very thin, such as you would achieve with a paste like AS5. Also the applicator tended to bend under pressure and so it was difficult to get an even coating across the surface of the die. Overall I found it easier simply to revert to the dab method. Once you have covered the surface of the processor and installed the heatsink it is always a good idea to pull it back off and check the pattern on the underside of the base to ensure complete coverage area.
The Cooler Master ThermalFusion 400 has proven itself to be a leading contender in the world of thermal interface material. While I certainly haven't tested all of the different brands and types available, I've had my experience with some of the top names such as Arctic Silver 5, Arctic Silver Ceramique, OCZ Freeze, Thermalright Chill Factor and the Tuniq TX-2. Based off of previous results and this most recent testing, it seems the Cooler Master ThermalFusion 400 may have claim to the top spot among these thermal pastes, although the competition with TX-2 was very close.

Aside from performance, the ThermalFusion 400 was moderately easy to apply, although the included applicator probably has limited usefulness. If it were a bit stiffer or the paste a bit thinner it would no doubt have been more handy. As it is, it is just as easy to glob on an abundance of paste in a more random and unorganized way and let the excess simply squeeze out the sides when the heatsink is installed. Like the TX-2, the ThermalFusion 400 is very easy to cleanup, the majority of it wipes off cleanly with a dry cloth. This is in contrast to other, stickier pastes such as AS5.

TUNIQ TX 2:

Appearance Grey
Viscosity 285000 cP
Thermal conductivity 4.5W/mK
Operating temperature -45°C ~ 200°C
Specific Gravity 3.96 @ 25°C
Volume 3.5g

The lower viscosity makes it easier to get a nice even application. The goal is to use the least amount of paste as possible and not act like you're trying to put icing on a cake. There are more than a few ways to achieve this, but I use the credit card method. Start by depositing a small amount into the center of the processor's Integrated Heat Spreader (IHS). Then use the edge of a credit card to evenly distribute the paste to all corners and edges of the IHS. The last step will be to make one solid pass from one side of the IHS to the other. While some folks like to use a razor blade, I prefer a credit card because you have both a short and long working surface. This makes it easy for folks like me with less than ideal eye-hand coordination to get the job done without making a mess.

(i'll recommend the coolers master fusion 400)

cheers!

Cougarslow

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
Thanks but blah i will try the tuniq tx 2 i will run a prime 95 test to see witch one is better for me then because i'm running the i5 2500k at 4.8ghz at 1.345v with the cooler master 400 paste .

muhammadbinmehroze

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
well they don't perform actually exactly the same:

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/geek_tested_17_thermal_pastes_face?page=0,1

cooler master 400 has a slight edge over tuniq tx-2

It’s not exactly cheap—MX-2, TX-2, and ZT-100 all give slightly better value for money—but at this point we’re talking a few dollars and a few degrees Celsius.

So does thermal paste matter? Yes—there’s a big difference between thermal pastes when running a CPU at full burn. There’s a big difference between a thermal interface material that’s good for overclocking and those that aren’t..

cheers!