Z75 vs Z77 for i5 3570k

majini

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
I am looking for a motherboard for Intel i5 3570k I am going to buy in the end of the month, and I am searching for the best bang for the buck mobo I could use to overclock the CPU to 4.2GHz for regular use.

I was about to buy Asrock Z77 Pro3 (4+1 power phase) but then I saw that there's Asrock Z75 Pro3 (4+1 power phase) , which costs even less.
Both of them seem to look the same to me so what's the big deal there?

Oh, there's also Asrock Z77 Pro4 that apparently has 4+2 power phase. Would I benefit from it?

There's not much information I could find on Google, except that Z75 doesn't support Intel's SSD caching function but that's not something I am going to use anyway.

Here's the motherboard comparison http://www.asrock.com/mb/compare.us.asp?SelectedModel=Z77+Pro4&SelectedModel=Z77+Pro3&SelectedModel=Z75+Pro3

Solution
The Z77 chipset motherboards have support for both overclocking the cpu and multiple video card support , while the B75 chipset motherboard has only the support for cpu overclocking and little video card support as you can see by the one slot for a x8 or x16 card. The Z77 will have two x8 slots for SLI/Crossfire.
The more power phases that the board has the better the support for opverclocking.
The Z77 chipset motherboards have support for both overclocking the cpu and multiple video card support , while the B75 chipset motherboard has only the support for cpu overclocking and little video card support as you can see by the one slot for a x8 or x16 card. The Z77 will have two x8 slots for SLI/Crossfire.
The more power phases that the board has the better the support for opverclocking.

Solution