Should I get a new sound card?

vexun11

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Hello, I recently started getting into really high end audio after hearing some amazing headphones and speakers I decided that music is so much better with audiophile quality gear so I picked up a pair of image s4i iem headphones which sound amazing and picked up a pair of bose companion speakers (please all bose haters don't post anything negative) and they sound amazing but I am currently using the onboard realtek sound card that came with my GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard.

I was wondering if I would benefit from a new sound card for these Bose speakers and these Klipsch x10i headphones, they are really high end and I would like to enjoy using them with my computer and not just my ipod, I know that with your average 20-80$ pair of headphones you might not notice a difference but I have read that a decent sound card would probably make a difference with really high end gear.

I hardly know anything about sound cards because I have always used onboard sound cards except for the sound blaster 5.1 oldschool pci cards from back in the day. I would like a sound card with really good software, I do plan on spending some money on a high end home theater system made by Klipsch in the near future so it would be nice to have a sound card to be able to use my computer as well as my TV because I keep them both in the same room.

Any help would be great!

Thank you