Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Epson Stylus CX4800 Printer

Last response: in Windows XP
July 31, 2012 3:01:14 PM

Hello,
My printer has disappeared from my control panel. I have reinstalled the printer from the disk but still no printer shows up. I'm still able to use the scanner part. Can anyone help with a solution? Would I still have the same problem if I bought a new printer?
July 31, 2012 3:53:47 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
Try removing the printer from the control panel and uninstall any software that came with it. Download the newest versions and reinstall with them.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.js...

I followed your directions, but still cannot get a printer. Is it possible that my cable from my printer to the computer is bad? But, would I still have the scanner if that were the case?
Score
Related resources
July 31, 2012 5:00:48 PM

I don't think the cable is the problem, but trying a different one will at least eliminate it as a cause.

Have you tried going to control panel-> printers, clicking on "add a new printer" and manually select the print driver for it? I'm assuming you tried that already but thought I'd mention it as sometimes it seems just installing the printer software automatically adds the printer.
Score
July 31, 2012 7:10:03 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
I don't think the cable is the problem, but trying a different one will at least eliminate it as a cause.

Have you tried going to control panel-> printers, clicking on "add a new printer" and manually select the print driver for it? I'm assuming you tried that already but thought I'd mention it as sometimes it seems just installing the printer software automatically adds the printer.

I performed this as you suggested and got the message "the print spooler service is not running". :( 
Score
July 31, 2012 7:11:44 PM

I performed this as you suggested and got the message "the printer spooler service is not running". :( 
Score

Best solution

July 31, 2012 8:28:30 PM

Go into your "services", locate print spooler, and click the start button. Also make sure the service is set to "automatic".
August 2, 2012 2:14:24 AM

Hawkeye22 said:
Go into your "services", locate print spooler, and click the start button. Also make sure the service is set to "automatic".

Thanks so much for all your help! :) 
Score
August 2, 2012 2:23:24 AM

Best answer selected by Area51reopened.
Score
August 2, 2012 2:24:13 AM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!