Setup question before ordering

dhudson1234

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
I am looking at the ray storm xspc kits. I currently have a corsair h-60 and was wondering if it would be worth while to save and reuse that radiator with the rasa system?

I was thinking the 240 radiator on t he top if the case with the h-60 radiator in the rear of the case. It's either this or order the ex version with the thicker radiator but even then I could still use 2 radiators if it would do anything at all.

Just want opinions please.

drums101

Distinguished
the corsair h60 is a closed loop system you cannot add that to another loop (you cannot take it apart)...is the kit you are purchasing for a cpu loop or are you looking to cool your gpu with that system and the h60 cools the cpu? Idk what you are looking to do really....but if you are cooling the cpu with this new kit then you wouldnt be able to use your h60

Not entirely true.....

http://www.overclock.net/t/647943/guide-h50-replace-tubes-and-res-mod

The same can be done with any of the H series coolers ;P

Dunno, once you've switched over to custom watercooling like I have. You start having these things laying around, like my H80 that just sits there on my desk LOL! I'll mod it someday...... :p

dhudson1234

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
I'm using a loop system to cool a 990x. I may eventually cool the gpu as well, but for now I want to iron out a loop system with no issues before adding it everywhere.

I am using the HAF 932 case, so I can fit I'm guessing a 360 rad on the top pretty easily, up to a 120.4 radiator, but that will take some modifications I believe. I was thinking of running through the h-60 radiator after the larger radiator to cool even more before returning to the reservoir, but it may be overkill. Its an older model H-60 so there is no point in saving it as well as the fact I do not have any different mounting brackets anymore for it so I will not be placing it in a different system.

So instead of it lying around in a box somewhere since i have the room in the case I figured i could add in my loop just cause. But if its wasteful and will take up space for nothing then I'll place it in a drawer for now.

dhudson1234

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
let me add this.

I'm looking at the XSPC 360 Rasa Kits. One kit has a slightly thicker radiator which would be better obviously; however its $40ish more expensive than the other. When I remove the H60 I will have to place a fan back into the slot, probably one of the fans from the H60 anyways, so I'll lose 1 fan from that config. If I go with the cheaper radiator which is thinner, i can still use the H60 rad with both fans on it in the loop and save some money since it should or could potentially offer the same cooling benefit this way as the larger radiator.

I know that $40 is nothing really when spending hundreds of dollars anyhow, but why waste the items if there is nothing wrong with them. The radiators usually last if kept in good shape, its usually the pumps that fail.

dhudson1234

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
after more searching it appears that the haf 932 will not accomodate the RX size radiator internally on the top with push/pull configuration as it may be too large.

TRENDING THREADS