System32 error - trying to install scanner

Mike

Splendid

Hi, I tried installing a cannon scanner, and recieved
this error message:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not
suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows
applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

How do I solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Mike, how old is the scanner? The message you are getting refers to
older 16-bit programs that might have worked fine on Win98 but are a problem
on WinXP. Check here for further info
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=autoexec.nt