Overclocking with TurboV Evo

stunnedjack

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
So I was wanting to overclock but not have to go into bios, So i seen The Asus TurboV Evo program.

I did a fast overclock and it seemed to work fine, I just want to see if there is anything in the pics that looks wrong. or needs to be changed. I'm completely new to the whole thing and just need peoples insight into these things.

Everything seems to be running good, temp wasnt bad when stress testing, and voltage was staying in a safe zone.

Specs:
Intel core I7 2700k
Asus P8 z77-V LE plus MOBO

Any help would be great

I took pictures of CPU-Z and TurboV evo while doing a blend test on Prime95

2012-08-07_1319_001.png

2012-08-07_1320.png

2012-08-07_1319.png

2012-08-07_1321.png

2012-08-07_1321_001.png

The settings in blue are extremely hard to read and I had to adjust the screen to 400x magnification plus use a magnifying glass to make out the numbers. The v-core is almost to the point where you don't want to go any further (1.38v) because the life expectancy of the cpu gets affected after that voltage setting and it will shorten the life of your cpu. I would say that to get any further overclock speed the BCLK will have to be increased , however you don't want to go much higher than a few more clicks. I would think that with increasing the voltage to 1.34v you would be able to increase the multiplier higher than 43x.

You REALLY shouldn't be using TurboV EVO at all, and especially not for it's Auto OC function.

Just learn to OC manually through the BIOS. OC'ing a Sandy/Ivy Bridge CPU is VERY easy (compared to past Intel and even current AMD OC's), so just take a look at the Sandy Bridge OC stickies here on the forum to help you get the idea.

One reason that you shouldn't use ANY Auto OC is because of one thing inzone said. Voltage. Auto OC's ALWAYS overshoot the voltage needed for a particular OC. You can ABSOLUTELY do better on your own and do it MUCH safer.

Basically, all you need to be concerned with are the multiplier and voltage. You don't want to (nor should you) touch the BCLK (which the Auto OC does, and quite stupidly, in my opinion).

stunnedjack

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012

Ya I read it wasnt the best but I wanted to try it, Ill give Forums a read and decide If I want to do it. thank you both for the input.

Derpies

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
I disagree. The OC program works well.Yes you can achieve better MHZ per voltage manually BUT undervolting at a certain MHZ makes it slow. Keep dropping voltage on stock settings and you can see that you can achieve the same MHZ but notice it will be slower. Likewise, if you undervolt a high MHZ it will be slightly slower. You sometimes need that extra voltage.

TRENDING THREADS