2x Short 8x Long

Hey guys, im with a problem here. My computer didnt wanted to boot up a few weeks ago, the only thing that came out of it was the beep code 2x Short 8x Long. I thought it had to do with my mainboard, so theres a new mainboard inside the computer, tho this didnt fixed the problems i had. my system specs are:

MSI K9N NeoV2
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+
XFX GeForce 8600 GT Fatal1ty
3GB Corsair DDR2 800Mhz
WD3200AAKS
Rasurbo DLP-530

I hope you guys can help me out on this one and if you guys need more information, please ask :)a

Thanks in Advance,

Wesley
10 answers Last reply
More about short long
  1. Check your motherboard manual for the meaning of those beeps.
    Or tell us the brand of bios you have.
  2. Oh yeah sorry for forgetting that, i have Amibios on my mainboard. People are telling me its the video card everywhere i look but i've tried it with my dad's video card before and it didnt work with that card either, while his video card works fine on his own computer.
  3. Try clearing the bios.
  4. just tried it, didnt fix the problem =/ oh btw, this computer was working well for 2 years straight. it just randomly stopped working lol
  5. Anybody might has an answer ? :x
  6. Have you tried breadboarding and testing in stages?
  7. "New build won't boot" checklist

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-build-post-checklist

Build outside the case with power, beeper, cpu and mobo. Listen for beeps. Keep adding components and listen for beeps.
  8. I've tried booting it up with only the Memory, Motherboard and the CPU, still 2 shot beeps 8 long beeps. i also checked the new build wont boot checklist but that didnt help either :s
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Computer Systems