Solved

Best Mobo Compatible with my processor?

Hello, I am looking for the best mobo under 100$ that is compatible with my recently purchased: AMD Phenom II x4 955. The one it came bundled with was DOA (It was an MSI 870A-G54, which apparently many people are having problems with). Anywho, I don't know much about mobos, so I trust the Tom's Hardware community to help me find a good one.

Notes: I want to avoid MSI, don't want another DOA. Asus and Gigabyte are the best brands I hear. Also, I don't care about SLI or Crossfire, I won't be using them.

Thanks!
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about best mobo compatible processor
  1. Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

Currently I have this Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 but the mobo selection depends of ur budget and ur needs so:

1- What is ur budget?
    2- Do u want OC?
    3- What other components do u have?
    4- Do u want Crossfire?
  2. I've been searching around a bit, how does this look? Is it compatible with my parts? I heard Gigabytes are great AMD boards.
    GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Price: $106
  3. Best answer
    Ok.

Do u already buy the other components?

This ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 is a good options but bear in mind that don't support Crossfire or SLI so, i u want it in the future u need another mobo.

Yeah, Gigabyte is also high quality and the mobo that u post seem fine too.
  4. Alrighty, thanks for the input and confirmation! I went with the Gigabyte, since the one I linked and the one you linked seemed almost identical, but I heard Gigabyte is better for AMD, while Asus is better for Intel, who knows if that is true though, I'm sure both the boards would be fine. Thanks again!
  5. Best answer selected by Sparksparks.
  6. Yeah Gigabyte is awesome with AMD my current mobo is a Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5. Good choice and enjoy ur rig ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Compatibility Processors Product