Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Best Mobo Compatible with my processor?

Last response: in Motherboards
August 3, 2010 8:12:03 AM

Hello, I am looking for the best mobo under 100$ that is compatible with my recently purchased: AMD Phenom II x4 955. The one it came bundled with was DOA (It was an MSI 870A-G54, which apparently many people are having problems with). Anywho, I don't know much about mobos, so I trust the Tom's Hardware community to help me find a good one.

Notes: I want to avoid MSI, don't want another DOA. Asus and Gigabyte are the best brands I hear. Also, I don't care about SLI or Crossfire, I won't be using them.

Thanks!
a c 295 V Motherboard
August 3, 2010 1:53:59 PM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

Currently I have this Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 but the mobo selection depends of ur budget and ur needs so:

1- What is ur budget?
2- Do u want OC?
3- What other components do u have?
4- Do u want Crossfire?
m
l
August 3, 2010 8:35:46 PM
Related resources

Best solution

a c 295 V Motherboard
August 3, 2010 8:56:26 PM

Ok.

Do u already buy the other components?

This ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 is a good options but bear in mind that don't support Crossfire or SLI so, i u want it in the future u need another mobo.

Yeah, Gigabyte is also high quality and the mobo that u post seem fine too.
August 3, 2010 9:50:30 PM

Alrighty, thanks for the input and confirmation! I went with the Gigabyte, since the one I linked and the one you linked seemed almost identical, but I heard Gigabyte is better for AMD, while Asus is better for Intel, who knows if that is true though, I'm sure both the boards would be fine. Thanks again!
m
l
August 3, 2010 9:50:46 PM

Best answer selected by Sparksparks.
m
l
a c 295 V Motherboard
August 3, 2010 9:52:04 PM

Yeah Gigabyte is awesome with AMD my current mobo is a Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5. Good choice and enjoy ur rig ;) 
m
l
!