girls4578

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
Hello,
I just put in a new DVD player in my windows 7 machine and it found drives etc but every time I go to a CD it asks me in load disk even when then is one in drive

MinervaTitan

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011

hey,
Start -> Computer -> Can DVD RW drive (E: be seen there? If not you might try to reboot you computer. ¨
But just before Windows start up you must press F2(or whichever key leads you to System Setup or BIOS(BasicInputOutputSystem?)).

When you're on that weird system page you'll see different sections like Main, Advanced, BOOT and so on.
I guess ODD stands for Optical Disk Drive.
"Main" -> ODD -> (Either None or) TSSTcorp CDDVD...
"Advanced" ->System Config(press Enter) -> SATA controller mode(Enter) and change it from {AHCI} to {Compatibility(the IDE mode on the right panel)}
Press Esc and you'll come out of the System Configuration back to the main page.
"Boot" -> Move ODD to 2nd place, so the HDD/SSD stands on the first place.
Press the Save and Exit key(F10?)
Save Changes: Yes

When you log in, the system will install some drivers and then restart. It took some time for my comp to restart, so I shut it down and started it up again. And then it installed TSSTcorp CDDVDW....Device
So again START -> Computer -> DVD RW Drive E: can hopefully be detected now.

I have bought my laptop a couple of days ago, only yesterday did I realize my dvd wouldn't play.. I actually couldn't even open the disk tray in the beginning. So I uninstalled iTunes(many had written it might be the problem)but it wouldn't help.. so I tried microsoft's FixIt program and then I typed regedit in the Start search box removing upper boundary or whatever it was called and chkdsk, which didn't help either. Only the above mentioned procedure did help my comp detect the DVD drive. Hope it will be helpful to you. It's just sad to read the same question from many other people on google and find no helpful answer)))