New install- missing drivers

stuweedee123

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
Just installed a fresh copy of XP on an old Toshiba and found that some drivers are missing, so I was wondering if there is any sort of utility program that will install the drivers needed as the internet search for drivers on XP is useless and not as good as Windows 7's version so i just need the driver. Satellite Pro A120-144
Part Number : PSAC1E-04E010EN

stuweedee123

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012

Tried it but not the drivers I need.

cl-scott

Honorable
Then you're going to need to explain more, because there are basically two situations I can come up with here that make any sense.

Either A) you are entering in the wrong model number on the Toshiba website, or B) you are trying to track down XP drivers for a unit that shipped with Vista or Windows 7.

In the latter case, if they aren't on the Toshiba website, then you have to manually find them, and there is a very real possibility that they simply do not exist. Most OEM computer sold within the last 4-5 years simply cannot support Windows XP because the necessary drivers do not exist. The closest you can get is running XP in a VM, such as XP Mode for Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate, or something such as VirtualBox.