USB ports not working in windows

Hey

When I restarted my computer today, all of my USB ports just blacked out. I couldn't write my password, and no matter what USB port I used, it was the same result. Nothing was detected, not my mouse, not my keyboard.

When I restarted again I noticed that both my mouse and my keyboard turned on, and I thought it had been fixed with a restart. But when windows started it just turned of again. When I take it out then in again it flashes once, and then turns of again.

After this I have restarted my BIOS, taking the batteri out, etc. And I have checked settings in BIOS, and when I'm in BIOS it tells me that I have 1 keyboard and 1 mouse plugged in. But for some reason, when Windows start they don't register anymore...

I have waited with formating, since that will be the last thing I do. I hope someone here can help =)

Thanks in advance anyways =)
7 answers Last reply
More about ports working windows
  1. Have you tried booting into safe mode and seeing if the problem still occurs?
  2. moody89 said:
    Have you tried booting into safe mode and seeing if the problem still occurs?

Yes, I experience the exact same problem there aswell =(
  3. It's strange how this only occurs when Windows itself boots. It's almost making me suspect some kind of malware is at work. Have you tried using different USB ports?
  4. moody89 said:
    It's strange how this only occurs when Windows itself boots. It's almost making me suspect some kind of malware is at work. Have you tried using different USB ports?

Yes, I have used ever single one on my computer. All of them is blacked out when Windows starts.

I guess I could tell that I have Windows 7 64bit.

I just noticed that my internet is also gone, on my router it can't detect that it's connected to a computer.
  5. It has been fixed =)
  6. myndig said:
    It has been fixed =)

I have the exact same problem as discussed in this thread. It would be great to know what the solution actually was.
Ask a new question

Read More

BIOS Mice USB Keyboards Components