house question

I just custom-built some houses for my sims and get sick of having to do it
all over again with a new family. This may be a silly question but can I
copy that house I custom-made and paste it onto some plots and have exactly
the same furniture, objects etc without having to build all over again?

Thanks!
5 answers Last reply
More about house question

    If you have build a house you can put it in the house-bin. Then exit
    Sims2 go to
    My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\LotCatalog, search out the file with
    the latest date (which is the one you just put in the house-bin), right
    click, go to properties (not sure if this is called so in English, go to
    the bottom option) then you can make it read-only.

    By doing so there is always a copy in the house-bin, even if you take
    the house out to put in your neighbourhood, there will still be a copy
    in the house-bin.

    But if you want to remove it first deselect the read-only option
    (otherwise if you delete it in the game it will return).

    Bianca

    "Rumpel" <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    > If you have build a house you can put it in the house-bin. Then exit Sims2
    > go to
    > My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\LotCatalog, search out the file with the
    > latest date (which is the one you just put in the house-bin), right click,
    > go to properties (not sure if this is called so in English, go to the
    > bottom option) then you can make it read-only.
    >
    > By doing so there is always a copy in the house-bin, even if you take the
    > house out to put in your neighbourhood, there will still be a copy in the
    > house-bin.
    >
    > But if you want to remove it first deselect the read-only option
    > (otherwise if you delete it in the game it will return).
    >
    > Bianca
    >
    > Rolfiebabe wrote:
    >> I just custom-built some houses for my sims and get sick of having to do
    >> it all over again with a new family. This may be a silly question but can
    >> I copy that house I custom-made and paste it onto some plots and have
    >> exactly the same furniture, objects etc without having to build all over
    >> again?
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    But if I remove it does that mean all the furniture and stuff will be gone
    from it? Like, if I have it in the house bin and place it back into the game
    will it have all the original furniture in?

    On Tue, 17 May 2005 15:19:54 +0100, Rolfiebabe <laffinloud@sillyme.com>
    wrote:

    > I just custom-built some houses for my sims and get sick of having to do
    > it
    > all over again with a new family. This may be a silly question but can I
    > copy that house I custom-made and paste it onto some plots and have
    > exactly
    > the same furniture, objects etc without having to build all over again?

    When I had the same problem - I wanted a simple starter house for all my
    new families -
    I single-clicked on the house while no one was living there and choose the
    "package lot" option from the small screen that came up. When finished, it
    tould me where the house was stored, and from then on I could unpack it
    whenever I wanted, in whatever neighborhood, just like it was a download
    or something.
    And all the stuff that was in it is still in it. (Not much, admittedly,
    since it was to be a starter house.) Just be sure to not have people in it
    when you package it, or they will also be there every time you unpack it,
    only they will have forgotten all their friends and family!

    good sign." -G

    On Tue, 17 May 2005 16:52:30 +0100, "Rolfiebabe"
    <laffinloud@sillyme.com> wrote:

    >> But if you want to remove it first deselect the read-only option
    >> (otherwise if you delete it in the game it will return).
    >>
    >> Bianca
    >>
    >> Rolfiebabe wrote:
    >>> I just custom-built some houses for my sims and get sick of having to do
    >>> it all over again with a new family. This may be a silly question but can
    >>> I copy that house I custom-made and paste it onto some plots and have
    >>> exactly the same furniture, objects etc without having to build all over
    >>> again?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks!
    >

    >But if I remove it does that mean all the furniture and stuff will be gone
    >from it? Like, if I have it in the house bin and place it back into the game
    >will it have all the original furniture in?

    If your house is not occupied you can just pack it to a file, the
    house will show up in the packagedlots folder, the original furniture
    will be in the house.

    If it's occupied I've found that the easiest way to do it is to
    download the stay-things shrub from Simlogical, put it somewhere on
    the lot and select the stay behind option from its menu, then save the
    lot and move the family out. You can then pack the lot to a file and
    the furniture will stay.

    > But if I remove it does that mean all the furniture and stuff will be gone
    > from it? Like, if I have it in the house bin and place it back into the game
    > will it have all the original furniture in?

    I think if you put your house in the sim-bin it will stay furnished, as
    long as it is a house no sim have lived in (if a sim moves house the
    furniture of the old house will disappear and the money will be added to
    your sims account). I usually make non-furnished houses, so I don't
    know, try it!

    Bianca

Sims Games Video Games