Question about purchases and fautly items

ingeborgdot

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2007
Has anyone purchased from Newegg lately? I purchased two items recently and both were bad. I did not read reviews well enough before (duh) and found out many had the same problems. I rma'd one and said I was going to purchase a different much more expensive product and did. Then I did the same for the other. The bummer thing is they sent me crap and I had to get something different and they did not refund shipping for either item. So, for bad crap it cost me $16 and I got NOTHING. Is there a place out there that is quality anymore and will stand behind the stuff they sell?

ingeborgdot

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2007
I was on another one of my forums and a newegg customer service person was there also. He said to contact them on this issue. I did and all was resolved. I have bee doing business with newegg for 6 years now and have spent around 30 grand with them. I have rma'd in all that time 6 or 7 items total. I think they figured that I was a good customer. :bounce:

Usually with newegg if you are doing an RMA call them and they will pay for shipping 90% of the time even if you are just returning because you didn't like the item they will waive the restocking fee in most cases.

It is fairly common for customers to pay shipping costs when returning products to online vendors. As Saaiello mentioned it is sometimes worth calling the vendor. I've managed to avoid shipping charges on returned items several times. On two occasions newegg.com went ahead and shipped a replacement item before I returned a product.

TRENDING THREADS