Sim kids say the darnedest things...

Much like in the real world, I guess. I was watching out of the corner of
my eye as grade schooler Marsha had her classmate over and they were
playing chess together. They both love the game so it's a great way to
build friendship and skills at the same time. Anyway, they were talking
about the usual things, toys and school and stuff. When suddenly I
noticed the visiting girl speaking the grinning heart with the sunshine
motif around the edges ... the "Very First Woohoo" symbol. By the time I
recovered enough to find the screenshot key, it was gone, and they kept
talking about toys. I'm sure it was purely theoretical, but it was really
out of the blue. I've seen adults talk to teens about it, but never this.

And yes, I enjoy watching what my Sims talk about and try to imagine how
the topics connect.

good sign." -G
4 answers Last reply
More about kids darnedest things

    "Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote in message
    > Much like in the real world, I guess. I was watching out of the corner of
    > my eye as grade schooler Marsha had her classmate over and they were
    > playing chess together. They both love the game so it's a great way to
    > build friendship and skills at the same time. Anyway, they were talking
    > about the usual things, toys and school and stuff. When suddenly I
    > noticed the visiting girl speaking the grinning heart with the sunshine
    > motif around the edges ... the "Very First Woohoo" symbol. By the time I
    > recovered enough to find the screenshot key, it was gone, and they kept
    > talking about toys. I'm sure it was purely theoretical, but it was really
    > out of the blue. I've seen adults talk to teens about it, but never this.
    >
    > And yes, I enjoy watching what my Sims talk about and try to imagine how
    > the topics connect.
    >
    > --
    > "When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
    > good sign." -G

    Too funny! My sims like to talk about all sorts of things too, including,
    for some
    reason, woohoo. My old couple that I'm playing just to see how long it
    takes them
    to 'cycle out' (yeah, I know, I'm sick) seems rather fond of talking about
    woohoo
    while they are eating. Wonder what *that* means?

    -Beth

    Do the older couples actually do the whoo hoo! ;) I never played with
    an older person before, I always turn aging off because I hate getting
    married and I just cant' stand seeing the sims die. :(

    On 18 May 2005 06:07:26 -0700, cjw <cwinter@gmail.com> wrote:

    > Do the older couples actually do the whoo hoo! ;) I never played with
    > an older person before, I always turn aging off because I hate getting
    > married and I just cant' stand seeing the sims die. :(

    I played a grandpa and he was certainly as eager for woohoo as the young
    ones!

    I rarely use the Aging Off cheat anymore after I got University. In the
    past, I used it for a while to let the Sims build skills, since it wasn't
    very realistic that you started out at 20 with no skills. In the second
    generation, that is not a problem since the Sims have learned skills as
    children and teenagers, and with University they have the four years at
    college to get at least some basic skills and make friends. Also, with
    all the want slots, you can usually afford all the elixir of life you
    want, if the Sims are living out their aspirations.

    If you don't want to see the Reaper come for Gramma and Grampa, you could
    move them out before it gets that far, much as in real life. ^_^ Just
    pretend they go to an institution where they will be taken care of. Of
    course, then you get no life insurance, but life is better than insurance
    any day, is what I think!

    good sign." -G

    "cjw" <cwinter@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Do the older couples actually do the whoo hoo! ;) I never played with
    > an older person before, I always turn aging off because I hate getting
    > married and I just cant' stand seeing the sims die. :(

    You bet they do! The lady seems to be amenable enough, but the man--every
    day when he gets
    home from work that's exactly what he wants to do. It's in the wants slot
    and on his mind. The old couple
    is the only one who does so without prompting, too.

    -Beth

Sims Video Games